Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1996 Volvo 850 2.3 high pressure turbo, auto with 117K

same engine as 850R

Has 850R ECU

IPD reverse intercooler kit- $399

Four IPD Pegasus replicas (one has a crack)- $1000

Kumho ecsta tires

R ecu- $100

Stock 16" perfos wheels will go with it but need new tires.

Located in NW Ohio

Timing belt and water pump have been replaced

Turbo has been rebuilt

Sunroof, power windows locks, heated leather seats.

Heat and A/C both work great

Turbo back exhaust with a OBX forza WS2 style muffler- not very loud (no cat so has a check engine light for 02 sensor) you can scan the code if you would like.

Car is extremely cheap on insurance.

Has aftermarket radio with aux/usb. I would prefer a stock but it came with this.

Issues:

Minor rust in a few places

Seats have wear

Missing plastic fog cover on drivers side and headlight wipers.

I'e sold a few other cars on here with positive feedback.

KBB private party value is $3,700 without the extras I am including.

Price: $1900 obo

I will take $400 less without the ipd pegs.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I purchased my '01 V70 in the summer 2014 from this seller. Excellent transaction, very clean and well represented car.

Sadly, it met an untimely demise in Dallas at 250k.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Somewhat interested. I'm in Dallas. Would need more detailed images of the interior, under hood, and rust areas. Can you provide that?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey Kyle. Thanks for doing such a great job packing them up and the Greyhound thing. Yes, I like the seats. I have the back in, doing the front this weekend. I got a upholstery guy from Puerto Rico that is gonna fill that little bottom panel in the rear bench passenger side. (Half the time I do not know what the heck is saying but he does great work). But, yeah, these are a whole lot better than what I had, my Turbo leather seats were about torn to bits. It is pretty amazing how the alcantara lasts so much better than the leather. And those cards are a lot softer than the ones I had too, and my arm can rest on the center now, my old one was pretty bad. Thanks again.

Just an aside on buying big parts like this. I had never done anything this big parts wise and shipping, but it worked out fine, not really fast through Greyhound, but those guys are used to this stuff, and they will take care of it for you. It helps if you have a guy like Kyle helping you out.

I wish you good luck with your sale on this 850. This morning I was humming into work opening her up, letting my short ram in-take her big breaths in the cold morning air, that sweet 2.3 humming that sound like no other, boosting along, driving too fast --yes. Anyway I thought - it is such a great car really. So I hope someone buys this car here and takes care of her. It is a great color too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Where are the rust spots? And do you have any interior pictures?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm in the neighborhood (Indianapolis) at the moment. Is this still available?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts