SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1996 850 R Wagon, with just about everything transplanted from a 1999 T5M wagon(less the 100 imported in 1999). I built the car after my pristine, stock, 1999 T5M wagon was rear ended, and deemed a total loss by my insurance company.

Then came the modifications for reliability and more power. I did two high performance driving days with this car, but it has NEVER been launched or dragged raced.
Never dynoed, but I assume the power output is good because it can keep pace with 400hp @ crank engine sports cars. This Volvo is a blast to drive!

The donor car was, and built 850 R, are SoCal Cars, no rust anywhere.

Stock Gray R interior is in good shape, no rips or tears in the leather suede. Exterior shows normal wear, small dings here and there, but shows well next to most other R wagons I have seen. Took me over 2 years of searching to find this one.

Magnetic bumper stickers included with sale :) . Baby on board, Kid of the Month, etc...

About 146K Mileage

List of Modifications.

Engine :

Kinugawa Billet 20T Turbo

4.4 ECU , data logging capable including boost. Custom tuned by TMM9. Will come with tuning cable for OBDII

1999 RN 2.3 T5 motor + all power accessories.

1999 M56 5 speed Transmission (from a T5, not the base model syncro eater!!) with short shift kit.

IPD HD Diverter valve

OBX complete turbo back exhaust - I believe no longer available.

"Japanifold" exhaust manifold - Don't like the exhasut sound of the R manifold. The cross flow of the Japanifold makes the exhaust tone sound exotic car like :), minimal loss of exhaust flow versus the blahh sounding R manifold.

Walbro 255 Fuel pump

Turbosmart Eboost digital boost gauge/controller - On the fly 16 psi to 20 psi at the push of the button. Or switch over to complete control from the ECU

Innovate Motorsports Wide Band

Bosch Green injectors

GM Boost solenoid

Custom BMW MAF

SNABB Drop in Front mount intercooler

All silicone boost hoses

Custom wiring harness integrated from the 1999 T5M, including factory casing which routes the harness correctly over the transmission.

Swapped complete fuel and vacuum lines from the 1999 T5M on to the 850 R wagon. Stock routing and hook ups, nothing has been cut (only RN swap I've ever seen with this)

Suspension and braking :

Wilwood Big Brake kit up front

Front 1999 T5 Sub-frame, control arms and steering arms.

1999 T5M Steering rack

IPD HD sub-frame inserts

IPD HD Sway Bar Links

IPD Front (adjustable) and Rear "Track" Sway bars - no longer avalible

Koni Yellow struts up front with H&R Springs.

Bilstin with H&R in the rear.

TME Strut Bar - The original and no longer available

Front fenders rolled

Custom hubcenteric 15mm spacers and lug bolts.

225/45 R17 tires

Link to the build is here.

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/167980-mild-855-r-build/

Asking $8,500 . PM me with further questions.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Since you didn't mention it, should we assume it isn't smogged?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pics. Forgot to mention it has an IPD/Blaster Coil, among other stuff I'm sure I forgot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did I mention this car only weights about 3288 lbs with full interior and no spare tire? AWD R cars weigh almost 700lbs more!

On the scales

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Damn I like this thing. Looks very nice, good work. Read through your whole thread on VS the other day. I don't like black cars but this looks hot with the grey trim and Volans. I would scoop this if it were close.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, it was a labor of love. I think I have around 100 hours into the build to get it to this point.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
right, and i'd be all over it too if i wasnt into the same laborious love. someone will definitely be getting a nice car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is an amazing car. But after reading the build thread, the realist in me knows I'd never be able to keep it running well down here myself.

And Houston isn't exactly a hotspot for the performance Volvo community.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am potentially interested, recently joined forum so looks like it won't let me send pms yet....Can you text me at 7 five seven 2 eight six 86 one 5 if it's still available, would be interested in discussing

Thanks

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wake up, this was from a YEAR AND A HALF AGO!
Yes, but with that said, there still remains the valid point that the best approach would have been for the seller to have done a final update to the thread indicating that the car had, indeed, been sold.

And one never knows - I have purchased vehicles by calling on ads that were months old (I had saved the phone numbers) and found out that the car was still available.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts
Hey at least I get to be reminded of this build and fantasize about my engine bay looking like this soon. One of the few truly well done RN swaps that I've seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts