SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
"yellow" wagon

Nice car. I almost bit until I saw the interior. 98 R interior will reduce value as its not original. Still, I love the car.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
What a shame :(. Thats DrPheta's car (Peter Phan) he had that car in Boston and sent it out to Cali for a motor build + 5 spd swap by DougK. Reason for the 98 interior is because the car was stolen in NY i think, vehicle was recovered but the seats were stolen. That car is gorgeous, sad to see it end up abandoned on another coast :(.

should be well maintained. but all the goodies are gone :(
tritons
stopteck
projectors
motor mods.

·
Registered
332 Posts
a lot of this car has been repainted: you'll notice the front fenders are wider than the bumper to.

they were removed and stretched, cut and welded to properly handle the mounting of the tritons with the stoptechs... zero rub :O

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The modified body panels, paint work, different wheels, and different interior (whether you personally prefer it or not) to me means you cannot be asking top dollar. I actually prefer the diamond stitched alcantara too, but this car is far from original in multiple respects.

·
Registered
332 Posts
not to mention the fact that it was stolen and recovered in May 2004

·
Registered
332 Posts
Details for what was stolen

Found her in Everett parked in a shopping mall. The tentative damage is:

Missing the following
- ECU
- TCU
- armrest
- floor mats
- rear seat cushions
- boost guage/pod
- T5-R Suede book/folder for manual
- full sized spare wheel
- radio
- cd changer
- valve cover (carbon fiber)
- front lower grill on the left of the tow hook

Damage
- left rear 1/4 panel dented/creased
- rear bumper scratched and dented like they backed up into something
- front spoiler cracked along left middle pillar
- keyed left rear 1/4 panel
- keyed hood

So, the wheels are still there (good thing I don't keep the lock in the car). However, the items missing are odd, and ignition isn't busted. Like the seat cushions and the armrest? I'm guessing they were taken/tossed in search of my key to the wheel locks. *shrug*

I also lost some small things like my jumper cables, cds, and unfortunately my car has been bastardized, and hopefully nothing else is wrong with it (like engine abuse, sugar in the gas tank, water in the oil, bend frame or suspension, etc.) *boo*

My insurance is covering it, but how much of it is the question. Will they total it? Will they repair it? Will they reimburse me enough to get her back to the way she was? I hope the hell so!

I had no idea Malden was known for auto theft. Well, too late, now. There wasn't anything outwardly unique about it besides the fact that she was mint (just did massive work to revive old age this past summer), the boost guage, and the suspension. It sucks now, cause next week I have 3 huge exams and have to deal with this. &)(#&)(&@)#!!!

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
I would still pimp the **** out of it someone buy my s60

·
Registered
14 Posts
i've never been so excited to see a listing, and then, slowly, I was very disappointed, haha. Wrong coast, wrong interior, and i prefer the 850 interior, the bumpers look weird, and that title isn't clean.

So 70 of these were made, how many do you think still exist, in unmolested condition? Factoring in people totaling them and over 17 years some just die, probably 20, 30?

·
Registered
160 Posts
my frieind just bought a running driving 95 yellow R wagon 160k with 1 cyl low compression for $2650 including truck freight from kansas to NY

·
Registered
448 Posts
What a foolish hack for drilling into the dash. That wagon is cool to look at until I start picking over the details. Definitely not collectors value.

Triton is the incorrect spelling for the wheels, they would be titans. Besides, those wheels aren't titans, they are Pegasus. The titans did not have "r" engraved on the spoke and they are one inch smaller than Pegasus wheels which came later on s60R's.
quoted for the lulz

i can't believe that thing went for nearly 9k

·
Registered
569 Posts
Details for what was stolen

Found her in Everett parked in a shopping mall. The tentative damage is:

Missing the following
- ECU
- TCU
- armrest
- floor mats
- rear seat cushions
- boost guage/pod
- T5-R Suede book/folder for manual
- full sized spare wheel
- radio
- cd changer
- valve cover (carbon fiber)
- front lower grill on the left of the tow hook

Damage
- left rear 1/4 panel dented/creased
- rear bumper scratched and dented like they backed up into something
- front spoiler cracked along left middle pillar
- keyed left rear 1/4 panel
- keyed hood

So, the wheels are still there (good thing I don't keep the lock in the car). However, the items missing are odd, and ignition isn't busted. Like the seat cushions and the armrest? I'm guessing they were taken/tossed in search of my key to the wheel locks. *shrug*

I also lost some small things like my jumper cables, cds, and unfortunately my car has been bastardized, and hopefully nothing else is wrong with it (like engine abuse, sugar in the gas tank, water in the oil, bend frame or suspension, etc.) *boo*

My insurance is covering it, but how much of it is the question. Will they total it? Will they repair it? Will they reimburse me enough to get her back to the way she was? I hope the hell so!

I had no idea Malden was known for auto theft. Well, too late, now. There wasn't anything outwardly unique about it besides the fact that she was mint (just did massive work to revive old age this past summer), the boost guage, and the suspension. It sucks now, cause next week I have 3 huge exams and have to deal with this. &)(#&)(&@)#!!!
wait was this peters post or did YOU find the car? im confused...

·
Registered
63,541 Posts
Can we move the conversation off to the 850 forum, car has been sold

1 - 20 of 20 Posts