SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I've had this car posted on Kijiji (Canadian free classifieds site owned and operated by eBay) for the last few weeks. I've had a couple of 45 minute conversations with 2 potential buyers. One buyer was ready to buy, but a "family emergency" derailed that plan. The second conversation ended with an offer of $2000, which of course, is nowhere close to what I'm looking for. This is likely due to the fact that general classifieds sites contain a buying public that knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. In other words, Joe Blow offers me $1500 for this car, being blinded by the age and "outdatedness" of such a vehicle. Meanwhile, people on this forum (I'd hope) would agree that my asking price isn't out of line.

With all that being said, please have a look at the listing below. I'm in the Toronto area (GTA) but will travel with little-to-no boundaries if it means a sale. I'm highly motivated and price is definately negotiable. Thank you for your consideration.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...r-Seen-Winter-CERT-ETESTED-W0QQAdIdZ425567247

·
Registered
7 Posts
2000 is a fair price tbh.
Maybe if it was original (non-glitter) paint and they engine bay had been immaculant, (not to mention painted) I could see this fetching in the 4-5000 dollar range.
Anyways, GLWTS

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Nice car but a bit overpriced even for Canadian cars up for sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'd be very surprised as to how low I'd go. Yes I'll admit I'm looking to reep the rewards of a decent "restoration," but if the car is priced high to begin with, and it comes down to selling to get the space back, then I'm open to offers. A break-even scenario is $4500. So if anyone out there knows of someone that may be interested, please let me know, or forward this post to a potential buyer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Try posting it on TurboBricks. Lots of RWD Volvo fans there, but they may have comments on your asking price..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump for my car. Lowered the price. to $4000 as-is, $4500 cert/etested. Looking to stay firm on those prices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts