SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, new to the forum. I have an orginal T5R in yellow. Beautiful car and family owned.

You are looking at a very rare low mileage 1995 Volvo 850 T5R sedan finished in cream yellow with black/suede leather. The T5 was swapped from a Vermont dealer as my local dealer didn't have one available back in 1995. Since new the T5R has been adult driven and remains original. It has never raced or modified. As you can see from the pictures, the condition is excellent. The T5 rides as it should. The body is near perfectt with no body work done. The interior is flawless. Paperwork includes orginal window sticker, dealer paperwork and a complete set of manuals. Also have both sets keys and Volvo remotes. A complete set of books including the owners manual and warranty books. Other notable highlights include a working original Clarion Premium Sound System with factory Alpine 6disc CD. This T5 rides on orginal factory correct Titan 17 inch rims. Carpets and seat surfaces are clean, smoke free, and look new. There are no rips and tears. Interior switches and controls are working. Mechanically speaking the car runs as it should including the turbo. Recent major service highlights include a full OE brake service to include calipers, pads and rotors front and rear. New OE AC compressor and AC service which blows cold air. Maintenance includes regular oil changes, fluids, and plugs. I ve done a fair amount of research and can't find any cars under 100k miles. Only 397 cream yellow T5 sedans were imported to the USA in 1995 and suspect there are only a handful still remaining. The T5 spent half its life in Massachusetts and resides in in the Palm Beaches Florida. This is a great opportunity to purchase a great T5. Serious inquires please. Ken
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...eCode1=VOLVO&modelCode1=850&clickType=listing

$24,900

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Requirements for Selling a Vehicle You may copy and paste this list in your posting.
  • Title must include:
    • Model and model year
  • Title should also contain:
    • Transmission (AT or MT)
    • Mileage
    • Color (exterior/interior)
    • Your name
    • Preferred method of contact
    • Make/Model
    • Year
    • Mileage
    • Color
    • Transmission
    • Condition
  • Post should also include:
    • Pictures or a link to an album
    • Options/Packages
    • VIN
    • Modifications
    • Accident history
    • Maintenance and service history

·
Registered
133 Posts
Pm'ed

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rcar. I remember when it was bought new. It was swapped from a Vermont dealer to Farrell Volvo in MA. My Dad paid sticker for it and added a six disc CD which was the only option you could choose.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Great looking car! Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
17,412 Posts
Agree 100%!
Tell them you need a reserve. Tell them how many there were, and how may miles it has and that should do it.
Agreed on BaT, but skip it if they make you go without a reserve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the advice on the ad. Agree, I don’t think Autotrader is the best place for the ad. I’m going to try Volvo Owners Club.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Thanks for the advice on the ad. Agree, I don’t think Autotrader is the best place for the ad. I’m going to try Volvo Owners Club.
Regardless of where you place the ad you should expect it to take some time for it to sell. If it were a wagon it would be gone already, but the sedan might take a bit longer to shift. That’s not to say your price point is off, but it’s definitely going to take longer to find the person ready and willing to give you the money your car is worth.

I agree about the above feedback about BAT and reserve price, but ultimately this is going to be about the right buyer seeing the car and loving it **EDITED**.

For the amount of money you’re asking you should ask/ recruit/ hire someone with better photography equipment and skill to shoot the car, and you should spend a few hours compiling, documenting, and maybe even spread-sheeting repair/ service records. Your ad comes across as half-assed on Auto Trader, and the fact that a moderator did the leg work for you here on Swedespeed doesn’t inspire confidence from someone being asked to separate themselves from 25 large for a 24 year old Volvo. .02 cents

Beautiful car, GLWS!

·
Registered
17,008 Posts
List it for sale in Europe. Very few people in America want to pay that kind of $ for these cars. I'm not sure I would even bother marketing either of my 850s in America if I ever wanted to sell either of them.

·
Registered
17,008 Posts

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Luuucky to whoever got it. I hope it stays minty fresh stock clean.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Dang, I was working on getting my wife back into a T-5R and this was a gem. Good for you!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Safe at home!

This has been one of the most amazing, emotional car buying experience for me. There is nothing better than buying a car from its 1st owners who cared and cherished the vehicle last 24 years. I have bought and sold so many cars over the years but all of my friends & fam were aware that I was after a low mile, original, un-modded Yellow T-5R for about 15 years now. This car blew all of my expectations out of water! It came with a brand new extra set of yellow stitched floormats and owner bought a brand new titan just bec one got scratched back in the day. So the original one was in the trunk as well.

I will create a journal on the 850 page but here she is being unloaded from the transport and straight to her new home to meet to meet the garage mates.

We immediately had to take the timing belt cover off as owner indicated that he did not remember getting it done ever. Shop apparently regularly checked for it and did not see anything wrong with the belt. Sure enough, it had its original 24 year old timing belt and it still does look very good! She is not moving an inch before we get it replaced. This car is THAT original :) I will need very minor things to make it look factory fresh again.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts