SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, question and some background, I have a clunk when I place the car in reverse, not all the time, just sometimes, it appears more when engine is warm/hot. Any ideas?<p>The car has been serviced religiously with transmission service with drop and fills (3 Qts) at 30K until I purchased it with 65K, then every second oil change (5K), since 80Kwith Pennzoil then Am soil; I just recently changed to RP in the last 10K. The car shifts well in every gear and get over 26MPG on the hwy. All other service on or before it is due and Yes, top mount has been changed, right front bottom mount changed and both spring strut mounts changed.<p>The sound seems to come from the top area of the transmission. <p>Any help will be appreciated, thanks<p>1984 242 186K Mint<br>1993 245 136K Mint<br>1995 850 Turbo 166K Mint with the exception of the clunk <p>

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: 1995 850 Turbo (angel89)

You will probably have to live with it.<br>Some of these tranny just start to do that, if it doesn't get any worse it will be OK

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Not on an 850...that's for '99 and above 5 speed automatics. If you're going to do a tranny flush, use Mobil-1 Synthetic ATF on your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 1995 850 Turbo (angel89)

Thanks guys for the quick reply, I have droped and filled enough, but did not know about Moil 3309 for 99 and up, I guess I will just have to live with it; however, someone else mentioned a solenoid or what about the input and output sensor, thanks again for of you help, what a country. By the way, thanks for all Veterans who gave their life for their country, <br>Have a safe Memorial Day. <p>Steve, Retired Navy ChiefPO, two combat in-country Vietnam tours.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Steve, Thank you for your sacrifice too! I know a bunch of your buddies lost their lives their. My father-in-law also served 2 tours in Nam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts