SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1995 850 T5-R part out

This car needed quite a bit to be resurrected, so while it sucks we couldn't find it a home, we are going to be parting it out this weekend and crushing the shell.

Current parts being requested are

interior
throttle cable
floor mats
shifter knob
wheels

Available parts will likely be

fenders
doors
trunk lid
head
turbo
headlights
ecu/tcu
bumpers

Post up if you're looking for anything more specific!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are going to be parting it down this weekend: if you need anything let me know.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree. We really hoped to find someone who wanted to save it, but it's just needs a whole whole lot. Someone abused this poor car, and it sucks. The interior is in great shape, which led us to believe maybe it really did have 103k on the clock and just had an immobilizer issue, as we were told. Nope, it needed a fuel pump, filter, rods and more.

These parts will live on in other cars at least.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I agree. We really hoped to find someone who wanted to save it, but it's just needs a whole whole lot. Someone abused this poor car, and it sucks. The interior is in great shape, which led us to believe maybe it really did have 103k on the clock and just had an immobilizer issue, as we were told. Nope, it needed a fuel pump, filter, rods and more.

These parts will live on in other cars at least.
850s don't have immobilizers

·
Registered
444 Posts
If parting out. I would like to ask first about what you like for the shift knob.

My shift knob under the wood, plastic just fall off in my hand when I was doing my weekly car work out around the neighborhood.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what we thought. There is a relay for some kind of immobilizer and after reading, Volvo sells a bypass part for this. Either way, our decision to not fix was due to a bent rod/spun bearing. Bottom end sounds like two jackhammers having an argument.

If parting out. I would like to ask first about what you like for the shift knob.

My shift knob under the wood, plastic just fall off in my hand when I was doing my weekly car work out around the neighborhood.
Unfortunately this was the first part spoken for. I'll send you a PM if they end up not paying for it.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
That's what we thought. There is a relay for some kind of immobilizer and after reading, Volvo sells a bypass part for this. Either way, our decision to not fix was due to a bent rod/spun bearing. Bottom end sounds like two jackhammers having an argument.
I think what you're talking about is part of the alarm system; it's not really an immobilizer as we think of it in the modern sense.

850s with messed up engines are the best platform to build on! I bought my R with a seized engine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think what you're talking about is part of the alarm system; it's not really an immobilizer as we think of it in the modern sense.
Depending on the model year and region 850s did come with an immobilizer. As early as the year (not MY) 1994 Volvo had an immobilizer available, although it was a dealer installed version. Guard and Guard2 did also have a sort of immobilizer version for when the alarm is triggered but that only sort of counts.
A factory installed and integrated immobilizer was available 1996 till the end. Again, depends on the region.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Depending on the model year and region 850s did come with an immobilizer. As early as the year (not MY) 1994 Volvo had an immobilizer available, although it was a dealer installed version. Guard and Guard2 did also have a sort of immobilizer version for when the alarm is triggered but that only sort of counts.
A factory installed and integrated immobilizer was available 1996 till the end. Again, depends on the region.
I've heard of the chipped 850 keys being out there in some markets MY96+, but have never seen any mention of it anywhere for the US market. My money is that the "sort of" immobilizer is the source of the problems OP was experiencing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts