SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys SUPER pumped on this 850 turbo wagon i just bought i actually pic it up tomorrow. insanely good condition i just had a few questions about the rims and tires about it....

on tirerack.com it says for all the 18in rims and tires that it will rub unless i have the 96 from fender liners on the car.. is this true? how bad will it rub? only when i cut the wheels..... and how hard is it to replace the liners.

got it for 3000 and although it is not a manual i think i got an INSANELY sweet deal ill post pics and such later... would love any input on ANYTHING you guys have for me...

been browsing ipdusa.com a lot too and really looking for a full exhaust system, would u suggest the one off there that is about 1000 or is there something better/more affordable out there..

thanks so much guys for all the input! cant wait to get this boy on the road!!!

...i also posted in the general forum page did even see the section for 850s sorry guys...

picking up the car today!! cant wait

·
Registered
51 Posts
dude sweet car! i got one just like it but mine is dark blue ;) and its my first car as well, but ima do a 3 inch muffler delete system from the cats back, its gonna sound brutal

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
rubbing has got nothing to do with the size of the rim, if you have the appropriate rubber. if you stay within a few millimeters of the original offset (ET43), and original tire dimensions, you'll get away with acceptable rubbing (close to nothing at all, except on full lock). on my 93, I run 215/45-17, about the same as 215/35-18, and it rubs barely on the inside of the liner, towards the engine bay, nothing on the outside at all. also, if you're gonna lower it, for god sakes buy dampers to match. lowering a car on 18 years old dampers, will result in nothing but rubbing and damper failure.

and no, changing the liners wont do you much good, unless if you get a hold of liners from a first generation V70 (P80), these also came with larger/wider fenders, if you widen your own a bit, should be no problem.

not that there's a point to it, the P80 rarely swallow more than 225 wide tires without rubbing, so stay with 215 or less. your car wont be a dragrace wagon no matter what you do to it, having wide tyres is nothing but a cost abd a pain

sweet ride, though, always loved white 850s.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
rubbing has got nothing to do with the size of the rim, if you have the appropriate rubber. if you stay within a few millimeters of the original offset (ET43), and original tire dimensions, you'll get away with acceptable rubbing (close to nothing at all, except on full lock). on my 93, I run 215/45-17, about the same as 215/35-18, and it rubs barely on the inside of the liner, towards the engine bay, nothing on the outside at all. also, if you're gonna lower it, for god sakes buy dampers to match. lowering a car on 18 years old dampers, will result in nothing but rubbing and damper failure.

and no, changing the liners wont do you much good, unless if you get a hold of liners from a first generation V70 (P80), these also came with larger/wider fenders, if you widen your own a bit, should be no problem.

not that there's a point to it, the P80 rarely swallow more than 225 wide tires without rubbing, so stay with 215 or less. your car wont be a dragrace wagon no matter what you do to it, having wide tyres is nothing but a cost abd a pain

sweet ride, though, always loved white 850s.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweeeet thanks for the imput mcshake. rims exhaust soon to come

1 - 7 of 7 Posts