SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an original and un-modified ECU from a 94 850 T-5 for sale. Works and is ready to ship. Asking $250.00 including S&H (next day air).<P>Prospero

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is my original ECU. I now have a "custom" one.<P>Prospero

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting. Are you willing to post your experience on having a custom programmed ECU? <P>I was wondering if the one your are selling could have been my old one. I swapped Terence my stock ECU for his IPD ECU. When he had his custom ECU done, he also had an extra one sitting around.<P>I know if you disconnect the battery, the ECU will eventually lose it's memory and go back to the default settings. My question is, is the memory for the ECU contained in the ECU? If so, I might be interested in your ECU. I find it difficult finding a block of time where I can disconnect my battery so the settings will reset. But then again, I might be interested in upgrading to a custom chip after you share your experience.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ECU I'm selling came with my car when I bought it. I have purchased a custom ecu from a friend from far, far away. In regards to the experience of getting the custom ECU, I would prefer to not break the agreement between the seller and I. It was part of the deal that I do not share the contact info. Now, as far as the memory goes...There are two types of memory in the ECU. One part, the main program of sorts is on an EPROM and is able to exist without power. Then there is the settings memory. It needs power to sustain but will not kill the car if lost. By killing power to the ECU you only wipe out the info about the specific engine it ran on before. Once you install the ECU and drive the car for a while it will re-learn the info as before. There is a quick way of resetting the ECU and I will be happy to share it with you off-line. Catch you later.<P>Prospero

1 - 5 of 5 Posts