SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is my 1993 Volvo 850 GLT
Automatic, silver over blue perforated leather (extremely rare). 226,500km presently.
I had no intention of buying it, but it seemed very well kept and tidy and I sort of fell for the weird interior option. It's extremely unique and one of a kind, and a 1993 option only. I Intended to drive this 850 as a daily for this winter but it isn't really my thing, and I have a 940 Turbo already too. I'm just not a front wheel drive sort of guy I guess. I'm selling it to fund purchase of an enduro style motorcycle.

Good: (in no particular order)
- August 2015 @226k new thermostat, pcv system service & intake manifold gasket done, serpentine belt replaced. - August 2014 @225k new timing belt, water pump and full service as per Volvo's guidelines. - Service book is stamped by reputable shop for this service as well as services checked off for the last several years. - Receipt for transmission replacement in 2001. - The original casette stereo was cutting in & out when I bought the car, so I replaced it with a factory Volvo premium head unit with CD player and Casette from a 960. Matches, works perfectly, sounds excellent. - Power windows/mirrors/locks/sunroof work flawless, - Heated power seats work, - air conditioning works, - tires have probably 60% tread or better and are a matched name brand set, - no smokers or pets or kids, - no rips or tears in the leather, headliner good, all interior bulbs work, one key (presently) and two factory key fobs. Drive it anywhere.

The bad:
- It's a 22 year old car and while I believe it spent the vast majority of that time in a garage, there is some slight clearcoat peel and grazing on the driver side rear door/fender area. Minor, but it's there. - It's had some front end repaint work done from a minor accident ten years ago, and you can see the shade difference (though much more pronounced in pictures). I have the vehicle record search for details. - Bumpers have the usual small paint cracks and scuffs from parking in the city. - A few small shopping cart and door dings but nothing wild. - The transmission clunks into drive from park. Operates flawlessly otherwise, I am told this is normal for these automatics. - Finally, the leather needs to have the parts where the colour is coming off re-dyed sooner rather than later, ideally before it wears thin. I don't think the leather skin is available from Volvo so the extra prevention is probably worth a pound of cure, i just haven't ordered leather dye yet.

Extras:
I can include extras in the sale for the right buyer. These include:
- OEM NOS factory sunshade kit. - 16x7 et20 4x108 alloy wheels - Second set of factory 15x6 4x108 wheels - Badgeless mesh grille - hella rallye lights - OE Euro Wood rim accessory sport steering wheel - 1995+ tail lamps - oe 93 850 rear spoiler (needs paint) - other stuff I am forgetting.

Asking price:
Right now the car is all stock. I'm asking $2000 cdn ($1,516usd) for a swedespeeder, $2500 locally.
With all the extra parts listed above (over $1100 worth) I'm thinking closer to $2900 cdn ($2197usd) for a swedespeeder. We can negotiate if you only want some items.
If you're from Ontario or Quebec, and dream of a rust free, clean 850, this is the one. Fly in and drive it home.

I'm not really totally sold on selling this car. It works flawless and is rather pleasurable to drive, and winter is coming. If it doesn't sell in the next few weeks I'll modify it a little bit and enjoy it until spring. Better photos to come soon. Thanks swedespeed!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Interesting car, definitely an uncommon interior.

Reading that, I kind of feel obligated to take the place of your mother/father/sister/brother to bring up something for your consideration:

You are selling the safest vehicle you own, to exchange it for a motorcycle, heading into the rainy season.

Assuming you are Canadian male under the age of 35, your most likely cause of death is a motor vehicle accident, by a decently large margin. (source)

If you do go ahead with this decision anyway, please register as an organ donor at least...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, registered the day I got my license at 16. I've had dirt bikes for a few years now, I'm tired of begging/borrowing/stealing cars to transport them and want something street legal to ride to the trails. I'm happy to sell it and wait for the right dirt bike this winter, but I would also love to get a few more weeks in this season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts