SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
up for sale is my 93 Volvo 850 5 speed with just under 194xxx miles on the engine. the transmission was replaced 1/27/2010 at 173,841 miles for a newer transmission with 97,700 miles. regular oil changes with full synthetic every 2500-3000 miles.

it is pretty loaded for that year: dual climate control, power windows and sunroof, leather seats (front seats are heated and the driver seat is powered), back seat armrest folds down into booster seat, it has cruise control (uncommon for a 5 speed) power heated mirrors, working stock fog lights(rare) stock six spoke alloy wheels, after market radio,after market 5 3/4 and 6x9 speakers, has original floor mats as well as heavy duty plastic mats with trunk mat too. that pretty much sums up the stock options, now for the custom things: the exhaust system had the catalytic converter removed (don't need emissions check prior to 96) to increase power and mpg, exhaust system: exhaust headers are from a s70 (offers a smoother flow), the exhaust from the down pipe back is from an 850 turbo (2 3/4 inc exhaust up from 2 1/4) this exhaust has an amazing sound definitely not a rice burner sound! headlights have a slight custom smoke job done to them, front quarter panel turn signals (European style), IPD polyurethane upper engine mount as well as lower transmission mount and after market short shift plate that cut the throw down about 70%, cold air intake cone. just installed a new front driver side wheel bearing.

that's all the good news here's the bad/sad news: the timing belt went and messed up a few valves. i had the head replaced, it runs but there's too many small issues that i cant deal with right now. steering knuckle needs to be replaced (got stuck from sitting, still turns but it grabs in the same spot every time), brakes need to be done, tires need to be replaced,timing belt cover needs to be replaced, couple cosmetic things under the hood (plastic cover over the spark plugs needs to be put back on its in trunk). i would keep this car since it was always my dream car but i have too many other projects to finish and cant keep putting money in it.
this car was taken care of mechanically there is no visible rust even after sitting in the driveway for the past year. I have all major mechanical records from the dealer up the date i replaced the transmission. i had a personal mechanic do the tranny job.

i can't think of anything else that needs to be said right now. if you have any questions please email me and i can send you pictures too if you'd like. just let me know if there's anything specific you want pictures of. asking 1000 obo, remember it runs and is in good shape for its age just needs more work than i can handle while raising an infant. i am not parting this car out its too much hassle and too heart breaking. car is located in dutchess county NY

heres a link to some pictures of the car http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
310 Posts
1993 854 GLT with rare 5 speed manual trans.

I know this car as it has had several services done at our dealership. Body is in good to very good condition considering the age and miles. If you are thinking about doing a manual transmission mod you could at least get a good trans out of this car and have a good parts car too. The guy selling this car is giving a very honest description of the car. It runs but needs a little finsihing up since the guy that put the new head on it left a couple things incomplete. If you are mechanically inclined you could have this car up and running properly in about a day.

If seller doesn't sell this car its going to end up in a salvage yard and it is too rare and decent a car to see it come to that. I know seller is motivated. Make him an offer and I bet you can grab this car.

o/p glws!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts