SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixed a fuel leak on our 1991 940 wagon yesterday (2.3L 16V N.A.). The smell had been an issue for a while, but the leak wasn't seen (caught in the act) until yesterday. I noticed a small puddle under the car, under the driver's footwell. It was near the main fuel pump and fuel filter, which is what I first suspected for the leak. I thought maybe the fuel feed line between the fuel pump and fuel filter had cracked and started leaking.

BUT, it was actually the rubber fuel hose on the fuel return line from the fuel pressure regulator back to the gas tank that had cracked and started leaking. The flexible hose is between the fuel return line up by the fuel rail, then runs under the intake manifold and over to the driver's side inner fenderwell where there is another hard line to return to the gas tank. The crack was at a bend in the flexible line right by the connection to the line by the fenderwell. The gas would leak when the car was running, and the fuel dripped down into the frame rail underneath, traveled a little bit and then exited through a hole under the car...right under the driver's footwell.

The flexible fuel line was replaced and the leak has been fixed.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Nice save. :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts