SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, First time posting in here but I have an old 1990 740 gl, 355k miles on her and she was running amazing until the other day. I have the Non turbo, B230f Motor, with the AW70 Automatic Transmission. I was driving down the highway and there was a sound that was either a belt slipping, or the transmission getting confused on what gear it should be in. Very strange because in the year and a half I have been driving this car I have never heard anything like this. I believe their is an issue in the transmission because when you are coasting you can hear the gears slowing down, but its a high pitch sound that does not sound like normal downshifting. It makes this sound all the way through the gears until you come to a stop. You never hear anything while accelerating its just when your coasting. So this is my first Volvo and I'm learning everyday on her, but I also have little to no transmission experience, has anyone had this problem before or maybe have an idea of whats going on? It also feels like the car is being held back while driving and while this sound is going on so for now I'm parking her until I can get and idea of what I'm dealing with here. The transmission was also serviced about 30k miles ago and everything has been running smooth until this incident.

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this, I know it reads a little vague but any help would be much appreciated. Thank you everyone!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts