SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

My 1989 (white) 16V GLE with sunroof and red leather had been parking in the executive parking garage next to a $150,000 Jaguar Portfolio, but one day on the way to work the timing belt popped. Car has 125,000 miles on it, AC works, decent rubber, cast aluminum factory wheels.

The belt was essentially new with 5,000 or so miles on it, the pulleys etc had all been changed, and I think something must have dropped into the drive assembly (maybe an acorn or something) I don't know.

The car has good rubber and would be perfect for some young person to have, next best thing to an armored car to protect a young driver. For me, it was my daily conveyance at 60 years old, in good shape. We let the car sit a year and eventually bought a replacement.

During this time I acquired a new (pre owned) cylinder head with all the valves installed, clean, ready to go, but I have not had the mechanical replacement done yet.

I am posting this as a notice to anyone who may be interested in getting this car and doing the cylinder head swap, as i think it has a LOT of miles left on it.

You can contact me through the PM section here on the forum.
Any reasonable offer will be considered, and yes I do know what a cylinder head (just bought one) and 4 aluminum wheels with rubber on them are worth, so please reasonable offers only.

best,

P

·
Registered
177 Posts
wish you were closer!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts