SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Namaste,
i would like to disable the air conditioning on my 88 740 Volvo GLE. Is it a simple matter of fanbelt
removal or is there anything else i should do.
Thx

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Namaste,
i would like to disable the air conditioning on my 88 740 Volvo GLE. Is it a simple matter of fanbelt
removal or is there anything else i should do.
Thx
Leave the belt in place but disconnect the electrical wires to the compressor/clutch. The clutch on the compressor will spin freely and the compressor will no longer pull hp from the engine.

George Dill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question about the air conditioning switch

Hi,
I just bought an 88 740 and there was a high pitched whine. A mechanic diagnosed it as coming from the a/c clutch, and disabled it by disconnecting the power cable to the clutch. However, the clutch seemed to be engaged even when the a/c was set to off on the control panel in the dash. Would replacing the a/c control relay help with this? Or does anyone have any other better suggestion? I live in Phoenix and life will soon become 100 degree hot every day!

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Hi,
I just bought an 88 740 and there was a high pitched whine. A mechanic diagnosed it as coming from the a/c clutch, and disabled it by disconnecting the power cable to the clutch. However, the clutch seemed to be engaged even when the a/c was set to off on the control panel in the dash. Would replacing the a/c control relay help with this? Or does anyone have any other better suggestion? I live in Phoenix and life will soon become 100 degree hot every day!
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?189402-A-C-question-on-88-740

George Dill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts