SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y'all.<p>In the past, I had a 1986 740 wagon that I stupidly sold and I want to get another Volvo wagon. I found a 1984 245 Turbo nearby and it seems like it's in decent shape other than some surface rust on the edge of the hood and some rust around a rear wheelwell where it looks like some moisture got under the undercoating. The fuel pumps seem to be in working order, the wiring looks pretty good, but what should I be looking at that's specific to this model and year? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: 1984 245 Turbo Wagon Question (jeff15116)

Is this the car?...<p><A HREF="http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1250951591.html" TARGET="_blank">http://pittsburgh.craigslist.o....html</A><p>George Dill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 1984 245 Turbo Wagon Question (gdill2)

Yup. That's the one. The fuel pump issue has been resolved. What about the wiring in these? The downfall of my 86 740 was the biodegradeable coating on the wiring. Is that an issue on these too?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jeff15116</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yup. That's the one. The fuel pump issue has been resolved. What about the wiring in these? The downfall of my 86 740 was the biodegradeable coating on the wiring. Is that an issue on these too?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Yup.<p>George Dill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 1984 245 Turbo Wagon Question (gdill2)

Uh huh. Any other issues that I should look for on this model?

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

Needs registration/inspection.<br>Title not clear.<br>Rust.<br>Collision damage.<br>AC conversion to R134a?<br>Smoky/oily exhaust.<br>Noisy turbo.<br>Brakes grab/pull.<br>Poor start/run.<br>Poor maintenance and repair record.<br>Current owner for just a short time.<p>George Dill<br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts