SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

Looking for a little bit of expertise. I've had my '84 GL for a little over a year now, and when I purchased it, there was a huge crinkle/dent/I'm not even sure what to call it on the driver's side rear fender. As far as I can tell, it's been there a long time. It's beyond repair, obviously, but I was thinking that I might be able to just replace that quarter panel, or that fender, and the rear driver's side door.

I found a guy nearby parting out an '84 244 and I'm curious if it's a project even worth tackling.

Any counsel would be helpful. Thanks everyone!!!

-MB

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Any pics of the damage? What's the condition of the rest of the car (body and mechanical)? It may be a good idea to let a really good body man have a look at it and how much work would be involved. George (GDill) here is in Texas and would probably be able to help you.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Hello All!

Looking for a little bit of expertise. I've had my '84 GL for a little over a year now, and when I purchased it, there was a huge crinkle/dent/I'm not even sure what to call it on the driver's side rear fender. As far as I can tell, it's been there a long time. It's beyond repair, obviously, but I was thinking that I might be able to just replace that quarter panel, or that fender, and the rear driver's side door.

I found a guy nearby parting out an '84 244 and I'm curious if it's a project even worth tackling.

Any counsel would be helpful. Thanks everyone!!!

-MB
If the donor door is solid it is an easy swap. The donor LR sheet metal might be too rusted-out but if not be sure you know the condition of your car's LR sheet metal before cutting and pasting.

George Dill

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, gentlemen. I'll try to get some pics of mine up ASAP for you to take a look at.

-MB

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts