SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking to sell my 1973 Volvo 142, I purchased this car 3 years ago with the intent of finishing the car but have not had the chance to and with a move upcoming, I won't be able to and I do not want to take multiple vehicles with me.

All work to this car has been done by the previous owner, I have only changed the oil since I bought the car. It has 137,000 miles on it, the car currently has a 4 speed manual transmission, it was originally an automatic. The car also also painted white, it was previously yellow. I do believe the interior was changed to black, it does not have the original seats in it, it currently has some Ricaro seats. The top of the dash is cracked and it currently has a dash pad/cover on it. Previous owner also made some custom door panels which are actually nice. The car has fuel injection and 4 wheel disc brakes. Overall the car is very clean.

The motor from what I was told by the previous owner, has a lower compression head on it, I have the other cylinder head set aside, it needs a valve job. The AC also isn't hooked up, I have the components as well, also have other parts & pieces. The car currently runs fine and drives, I have not put very many miles on it in the time I've owned it.

The car needs the odometer fixed, the speedometer works, I think the rpm gauge reads high but I'm not entirely sure. It also needs U joints, a new shifter boot and some suspension bushings. Most of the other 142s I've seen were listed between 7,500-12,500 so make me an offer if you are interested and please feel free to ask any questions. It's a nice car however with everything I plan on doing with my move, it will be better for me to find it a new home

Cloud Vehicle Wheel Car Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

Vehicle Car Window Steering part Car seat cover

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Grille

Hood Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1982 Volvo 245, 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo-SOLD
230 Posts
Absolutely beautiful car, I’m very interested. What part of Nevada are you located?

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
That thing is sharp.
I'm a sucker for a 142. Such a pretty face. GLWTS!!
Love how there is no visible yellow under hood. Only a little in the door jamb. Someone appears to have done a nice job.
More pics?
I am in Carson City, just south of Reno

·
Registered
18,286 Posts
You gotta keep it. You just do. You'll never find another that you 'know'.

·
Registered
113 Posts
@ZZZZZZZ is never wrong… (well he might be. I’ve never met Ms. ZZZZZZZ before). However, Moving and starting over /somewhere new can be tough… extremely tough. If you don’t need the money and space is an issue I’m sure there are plenty of people here who would keep it safe for you!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've seen no rust or corrosion on the car. I'll try and get some undercarriage pics when its not raining out
Also, where did the 142 originate from @Keyul ? How long ago did the odd break? Actual mileage is known or unknown? Where are you in the owner history?

Cheers mate,
G

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, where did the 142 originate from @Keyul ? How long ago did the odd break? Actual mileage is known or unknown? Where are you in the owner history?

Cheers mate,
G
Previous owner got it in California, I'm pretty sure that's where it's originally from. The odometer stopped working a while after I bought it. I have not driven this car much, I've maybe filled the tank six times since I bought it, I'd say the 137,XXX is accurate. As far as what number owner I am, couldn't tell you for sure, but I am at least the 3rd.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts