SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93,8xx Original miles (Restored at 92,090). This is a Southern car I have owned for over 30 years and always kept in storage or garaged. I purchased it in Sept 1981 in TN. In 1985 wanted it "mint" and started restoration. The same year moved to Raleigh, and due to other priorities ceased restoration, but drove it occasionally. In the summer of 2000 decided to complete the restoration. I dismantled and stripped everything possible off the car, and worked on it regularly in my spare time taking great care, and completing it 4 years later on March 25, 2004. Mileage at that time was 92,090. Restoration included complete out of the vehicle engine rebuild, electronic ignition (no points to adjust) beautiful bare metal paint to factory original Sun Yellow color, new rubber all around, brake and caliper rebuild, new shocks, fuel tank removed and coated, complete exhaust system from manifold to exhaust tips. Even the clock works! The original working radio was changed AM/FM/Tape. New battery just installed. The original radio and some spare parts goes w/car, including components to install air conditioning, along with maintenance and owner manuals.
Upholstery including the leather seats and are in excellent condition. Interior: Tan, Black, & White. Engine: 2.0L 4 cylinders, 112 bhp, with Bosch fuel injection. Transmission: 4 speed manual shift with electronic overdrive (5 speeds). Brakes: 4 wheel disc.
She is peppy, fun to drive, yet economical. I drive the car about 4 times a year to check all the systems, fuel hoses, etc, and then back into storage. The advantage is that the car still looks almost new, there were no rust before restoration began and 8 years since completion, and still no rust.
This rare model is seldom seen as it was produced only in 1972 & 1973 with a total production of 8,078 (3,070 in '72 & 5,008 in 1973. Production ended in August 1972, this one rolled off the assembly line in March of 1973 and the last one rolled off the assembly line June 27, 1973.
With survivors relatively scarce and a strong following around the world today, the Volvo P1800ES is an interesting and eminently practical classic car. It is a beautiful rare auto that is ready for show and go! Drive it every day and then take it to the car shows. A real head turner you will enjoy.
Note that the value of this car keeps increasing. It is an investment!! NADA PRICE in Nov 2011 was $35,400. As of Sept 13, 2012 it was $38,000! I am selling my prize only because of other priorities have come into this season of my life. My price:$15,225
Pictures may be seen at http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/3196758074.html
Absolutely only SERIOUS buyers with CASH need contact me. Gerry 919-859-4663

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1873 p1800 for sale

1973 P1800ES
93,8xx Original chassis miles. Restoration completed at 92,090 March 25, 2004- it was then garaged and has been driven less than 800 miles since then.
A Southern car I have owned for over 30 years and always kept in storage or garaged. Restoration included complete out of the vehicle engine rebuild, electronic ignition (no points to adjust) beautiful bare metal paint to factory original Sun Yellow color, new rubber all around, brake and caliper rebuild, new shocks, fuel tank removed and coated, complete exhaust system from manifold to exhaust tips. Even the clock works! The original working radio was changed AM/FM/Tape. New battery has just been installed.
The original radio and some spare parts goes w/car, including most components to install air conditioning, along with maintenance and owner manuals.
Interior: Tan, Black, & White. Upholstery including the leather seats, dash, is in excellent condition. Engine: 2.0L 4 cylinders, 112 bhp, with Bosch fuel injection. Transmission: 4 speed manual shift with electronic overdrive (5 speeds). Brakes: 4 wheel disc.
I drive the car about 4 times a year to check all the systems, fuel hoses, etc, and then back into storage. The car still looks like is has just been restored. There was no rust before restoration began and non now. It is one sharp machine!
Volvo enthusiasts know the value of this car keeps increasing. It is an investment!! Price: $14,400
I will gladly answer questions or send pictures, etc., for SERIOUS buyers. Contact Gerry 919-859-4663;

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You're supposed to just edit or bump...not repost, almost the entire VERY LONG ad!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts