SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my 1969 Volvo 144 that I inherited from my father. It is in good running condition, but needs several fixes to bring it up to speed. Car is California White.

On the negative side, I am trying to repair the ignition lock on this automatic trans column mount car. I may have it done before selling the car. The gear indicator and gas gauge need
repair. There are rust issues at the bottom of the car. The interior needs attention, especially the dash board that needs replacement.

On the positive side, the car has a well running engine with just over 60K of mileage. The transmission runs smoothly. The 4 disk brakes were recently repaired and are working well.
The engine is well tuned and has dual Weber carbs of a special enlarged version for extra power. There are new tires and a high quality radio/tape player.

This car would need attention to get it into shape, but it has the potential for a nice vehicle. I am asking 6000 dollars for it, as is.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Need to get car running again

I am selling my 1969 Volvo 144 that I inherited from my father. It is in good running condition, but needs several fixes to bring it up to speed. Car is California White.

On the negative side, I am trying to repair the ignition lock on this automatic trans column mount car. I may have it done before selling the car. The gear indicator and gas gauge need
repair. There are rust issues at the bottom of the car. The interior needs attention, especially the dash board that needs replacement.

On the positive side, the car has a well running engine with just over 60K of mileage. The transmission runs smoothly. The 4 disk brakes were recently repaired and are working well.
The engine is well tuned and has dual Weber carbs of a special enlarged version for extra power. There are new tires and a high quality radio/tape player.

This car would need attention to get it into shape, but it has the potential for a nice vehicle. I am asking 6000 dollars for it, as is.

Still trying to sell my 144. Now I'm having problems running the car that has been virtually standing still since this summer. Although I put Stabil in some added gas, I think it has gone
bad. Now, the car will only run with the choke fully engaged and dies if any load is put on the engine. My plan is to drain and replace the gas in the tank. The easiest would be to disconnect the fuel line at the filter and run the ignition. I see where others have done this, but they had to short circuit something at the fuel pump, which I do not know how to do. I also tried to siphon the gas out of the tank, but after inserting the hose as far as allowed, nothing came out. I know there are at least several gallons of fuel in the tank, so maybe I am not reaching the tank.
Another owner drained his tank with a plug at the bottom of the tank. I have no access to a lift, so getting at this plug is difficult. I don't know how difficult it would be to access the tank by
removing the rear seat or trunk floor. The advantage of this is that my fuel gauge is non-operative, so maybe I can then replace the fuel level transmitter if that will fix that problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts