SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I get that metal heater pipe out of the water pump? I don't want to have to remove the intake and exhaust manifolds to get the pump off!!

I just got this car, there is a massive water leak out of the water pump... I think it's from the oring or crush gasket or whatever it is from the large lower metal tube coming out of the pump. Trying to get the pump off so I can inspect it.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
There's a bolt underneath it, screwed into the water pump. Once that's off you just pull straight out. They can be stuck in there pretty good. It has a rubber ring around it that should be included in your water pump replacement kit.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
How do I get that metal heater pipe out of the water pump? I don't want to have to remove the intake and exhaust manifolds to get the pump off!!

I just got this car, there is a massive water leak out of the water pump... I think it's from the oring or crush gasket or whatever it is from the large lower metal tube coming out of the pump. Trying to get the pump off so I can inspect it.

The water pump seal kit has two sets of O-rings and one set is "taller" than the other. You must determine if the head gasket is thick or thin and use the correct o-rings that sit on top of the water pump and seal to the head.

George Dill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts