SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is a 1963 Volvo with a distinct patina that only time and a unique story could create. The day after Christmas in 1997, Joe Murphy of Sheep Ranch, CA called Redg Lambrecht of Volvos Resurrected in Long Prairie, MN wanting to donate his '63 Amazon parts car and fill it with parts- all Redg would have to do is go get it. With the simple directions of "pass the Orthodox church" and "watch for sheep and cows," Redg pulled up on, in his words, the "cleanest piece of junk [he'd] ever seen." Joe and Redg readied the rolling body of the Amazon onto an auto trailer and took the arduous trek on narrow mountain roads southeast to Phoenix, where the car would sit for three years on Redg's dad's property, dubbed unofficially as Volvo South by local members of the Volvo Club of America. In 2000, Redg finally used a Volvo 164 to tow it back to Minnesota where they replaced the engine with a dual-carburetor Volvo B20B from a 1969 and mated it to a Volvo M41 four-speed manual gearbox with overdrive. Modern disc brakes were added to the vehicle by replacing the rear end with that from a 1973 Volvo 140 and the front hubs with those of a 1973 Volvo P1800. Completing Frankenstein's Volvo are white-painted, ten-spoke Volvo OEM wheels from a 1998 Volvo 90 series.

Photos: Feel free to ask for specific photos and videos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6bkiAB7FbP4QFxpMA

The Essentials:
Seller: Rob Newman
Preferred method of contact: Comment or PM here!
Price: $7000 (OBO)
Make/Model: Volvo Amazon
Year: 1963
Mileage: ODO 24249
Color: Mostly Blue
Transmission: Volvo M41 4-speed manual with OD
Condition: Smooth running, rust free underneath, patina'd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Two reasons for sale for me- 1) I am moving across the country and I don't want to ship it because 2) We have a young kid and another on the way and I am unable to give this car the attention I want to give. I want her to go to a good home so all reasonable offers will be heard!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts