SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
More bull****. Comparing an A-Spec vs a T5 Momentum? Where is the comparison on the RDX vs the T6 R-Design? That’s the review I want to read. At least they mention the XC60 has better options. But hey, both cars are red. Interior on the RDX is a good laugh.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Almost bought a RDX Advance fully loaded ($44500 in VA back in Oct 2018) Wife disliked it though....So test drove others.....The T5 sure wasnt as peppy as the RDX.....but the T6 was a lot more fun to drive than the RDX..... The RDX has a lot of clutter on the dashboard, while the XC60 is very clean....guess that depends on ur style. I far prefer the XC60 Interior, looks classy and soooo much easier to keep clean,lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
More bull****. Comparing an A-Spec vs a T5 Momentum? Where is the comparison on the RDX vs the T6 R-Design? That’s the review I want to read. At least they mention the XC60 has better options. But hey, both cars are red. Interior on the RDX is a good laugh.
I haven't priced them lately, but is it maybe that the pricing is similar with those configurations?

When I was shopping at the end of last year I looked at the RDX along with Volvo, Audi, etc. The price for an RDX loaded with the features I wanted was very attractive. However, I'm not a fan of the way they look at all - interior or exterior. A fact that I'm sure plays into an overall feeling of less "premium" quality. It just felt closer to a Signature Mazda than its actual competition.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I think when you factor in real world deals/pricing on the Volvo vs the Acura the pricing is no longer an Acura advantage. There is far more room to negotiate on a Volvo than an Acura. But I understand why they can include that in their review.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
724 Posts
It came down to the RDX or Volvo for me, and I've owned many Acura/Honda vehicles over time (none of which lived up to the reliability rep)

I think that review was mostly fair, actually being a bit positively slanted in favor of the Volvo. An Acura RDX advance (which costs about as much as a T5 inscription) will handle better than the XC60 and rides just as well if not better.

I also think that (although it is a personal choice), the RDX seats are as comfy as the Volvo.

They didn't mention some of the real deal breakers for the Acura - horrendous visibility and no Android Auto (Acura had been promising it since the 2019 came out but had failed to deliver). Also, a lot of the electric doodads in the Acura just don't work very well. The 360 camera, for example, it's essentially useless.

It's a competitive segment right now, and Q5, XC60, X3, and RDX are all fine choices.

I have no regrets about my own choice though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts