SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone with a 19" wheel on their XC60? I've been looking at wheels and i'd like to go with something aggressive. The down side is that there are very few wheels in 20" 5x108 with a nice deep concave or dish due to our high offset and i guess low demand of bolt pattern. I'm thinking of going with the Niche Misano wheel 19x9.5 +40mm. This means the wheels will be 1.3" further out than my current r design which i believe would end up very flush to the fender. I would probably end up with a 255/50/19 tire as well. Any thoughts or any pictures of others with 19's?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've been thinking about 19s also, hoping they might provide just a bit more compliance than the 20s on my RD. But I've probably got another 15k of tread life, I haven't done much more than think.

I like the look of those Misanos (and easy to clean!), but are you saying that each wheel would be 1.3" further outboard, or that the total "track" would be 1.3" wider?

In either case, I would worry that the tires would be constantly spraying down the sides of the car in rainy weather (35+ inches per year, here).

What are you thinking for tires?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Each wheel would stick out 1.3" further out. that would make each front wheel poke just a bit. Since the rears have a narrower track than the front, it would be flush. Or so i think.

I did find this XC60 with the discontinued Vanilla wheels 19x8.5 +40mm with 255/50/19 tires. The misanos would be another .5" out. (they do make a 19x8.5 +40mm if you like this look, but the wheel is not very concave)

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I thought about moving my V60 19" Bors over to the XC60...with appropriate tires added of course. I think this would be a nice looking and comfortable OEM Volvo option. My wife has become fond of the stock Ocean Race 18's however.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I would like to see more pix of the Bors on the XC 60. After all, Christmas is coming! ;-)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just got a quote in Aust at the dealer for the Bors, $6500 not including the rubber!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I just got a quote in Aust at the dealer for the Bors, $6500 not including the rubber!!
I'm not sure I was THAT good this year. ;-)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jeez. Bors are expensive, but that's insane. You can buy them new as loose wheels for $466 a piece: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31399309

Figure another $800 for decent tires plus installation and balancing, and $200 for 4 TPMS sensors, and you're still around $3k for a complete package when you factor in shipping and tax...

Edit: Interestingly, the Matte Black Bors are much more expensive: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31439442

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
We have OEM 19" wheels on our 2016 XC60

Great look, no harshness added to the ride and the steering feel is smooth (some members find the 18" wheels to be a bit more effort in the steering wheel while turning).

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Jeez. Bors are expensive, but that's insane. You can buy them new as loose wheels for $466 a piece: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31399309

Figure another $800 for decent tires plus installation and balancing, and $200 for 4 TPMS sensors, and you're still around $3k for a complete package when you factor in shipping and tax...

Edit: Interestingly, the Matte Black Bors are much more expensive: http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31439442
I would probably get them from here rather than pay retail:

https://www.hubcaphaven.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=37e1ffbc13e3797d4c25b09c55abf737&Screen=CTGY

The 19" Ixion II's are a good option also.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just a word of caution, make sure you verify stock before ordering from any refurbished wheel vendor!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
You can also verify if the wheels are refurbs or take-offs... I'd still rather one of these than one of the cheap aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I with you on that! I got a set of "Sport Edition" wheels for the S70 a long time ago to use as winter wheels. After the third winter, the paint was already discoloring and bubbling on the spokes. :(

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I with you on that! I got a set of "Sport Edition" wheels for the S70 a long time ago to use as winter wheels. After the third winter, the paint was already discoloring and bubbling on the spokes. :(
Yes, Sport Editions are cheap Chinese made heavier replicas of mostly the former Italian made (yet soft) Mille Miglias. Buyer beware.

I once bought cheap replicas off ebay, OEM wheels something..something, for winter work; two of the wheels were off-color and after one winter they began to peel and corrode in the spoke corners. :\

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
223 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts