SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those with 18s and lowering springs, what effective offset (incl. spacers) are you running? Also, what width of wheel/tire? For more aggressive setups, how about fender rolling?

To be safe, I am thinking about a 18x8 set up with 235/40 tires on my 06 VR, but am concerned about potential rubbing after I install new springs. I know the stock wheels are 8" width and et46, but there is a good bit of room left in the outer wheel wells. Any offset recommendations would be appreciated.

-fred

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
What's the max offset you can have on 18s for our cars?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 18x8 wheels with et 42. I had spacers on (essentially et 27) and had to take them off because I was scraping the fender on turns. I put 10mm spacers on and have been fine.
Are you running 235 tires? Good to know et32 will work with stock fender up front. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Are you running 235 tires? Good to know et32 will work with stock fender up front. Thanks.
Let me get into more details... I run 235/40r18 michelin pilot super sports

Front spacers are only 5mm and sits nearly flush. 10mm would definitely poke slightly.

The rear is where I had the rubbing problem with 15mm spacers (et27). et32 seems to be fine in the back. The front, I'm not sure, but I don't think it will be a problem.

Also, I am on TME springs and am sitting 13.75" from center cap to fender on all 4 corners.

·
Registered
157 Posts
all people with spacers, how is the paint below the side trim on the doors?
perhaps it is these bad norwegian roads, but the paint below the trim on my doors was gradualy "sanded" down by road debris.
also at the end of the rear wheel arc started lost paint and startet to rust, also where the front wheel arc meet the side skirt at the front there, right behind the wheel.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
all people with spacers, how is the paint below the side trim on the doors?
perhaps it is these bad norwegian roads, but the paint below the trim on my doors was gradualy "sanded" down by road debris.
also at the end of the rear wheel arc started lost paint and startet to rust, also where the front wheel arc meet the side skirt at the front there, right behind the wheel.
That's the spot where my tire shine shoots off lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts