I have seen this much consumption However this is my first Volvo
Back in the old days when new cars had very specific break in
procedures it was not unusual to burn considerable amounts of
oil during break in
Anyone experience this

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Definitely not normal. I would have oil level checked by dealer and documented exactly how much it was low and have it checked again in 1000 miles. Getting it documented will help you out with warranty. Obviously have it topped up but best to have the dealer do that as it will be noted.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Which engine and year? Some engines have seen intial low oil from a factory under-fill (T6), others have been consuming it from the beginning (Drive E).

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes I'm curious as to which engine you have as well. The new Drive-E engines with their electronic dipsticks (they have no manual dipstick) have been known to give false readings - or perhaps misleading readings is a better description.

Tony

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Assuming you mean T6-6 cylinder, several members have had intial low oil from a factory underfill. Since you cannot confirm it was ever full, top it off and check again in 1000 miles. I wouldnt waste your time going to the dealer, all they are going to do is top it off and send you on your way. If its down again at 1k, I would take it in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Assuming you mean T6-6 cylinder, several members have had intial low oil from a factory underfill. Since you cannot confirm it was ever full, top it off and check again in 1000 miles. I wouldnt waste your time going to the dealer, all they are going to do is top it off and send you on your way. If its down again at 1k, I would take it in.
Yes 2016 XC60 6 cylinder That was my plan not going to the dealer just yet.I will wait and see what the level is in another 1k miles or so
Good to know some were under filled from the factory

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update
Now at 2150 miles oil level still at full Hoping it was just a factory under fill
As soon as I am sure I dont have a problem I want to get the Polestar tune

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Update
Now at 2150 miles oil level still at full Hoping it was just a factory under fill
As soon as I am sure I dont have a problem I want to get the Polestar tune
My guess is low from the factory. We have had two T6s and my experience is they are bullet proof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts