SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I thought either the Triton or the Propus were available in 18" sizing. I could have sworn I saw that somewhere. However, looking at the Volvo wheel pamphlet that Yannis sent me, I can't seem to find an 18" size anywhere here on either wheel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
117 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Okay, I thought either the Triton or the Propus were available in 18" sizing. I could have sworn I saw that somewhere. However, looking at the Volvo wheel pamphlet that Yannis sent me, I can't seem to find an 18" size anywhere here on either wheel. Any ideas?
George,

According to this Volvo accessories bulletin, the Triton is listed as a 7.5 x 18" wheel. Does'nt say anything about the Propus though. Hope this helps.
http://ostroff.org/volvo/alloy_wheels.pdf

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The Triton and Propus are essentially the same design. The Triton is the 18" version (18x7.5), and the Propus is the 17" version (17x7).

Another example is the Meteor and Comet. The Meteor is the 16" version (16x6.5) and the Comet is the 17" version (17x7), but the two wheels look nearly identical.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
So then I guess it is a typo? It says 17" in the new Volvo wheel brochure.
George,

I am not sure that you can order the Triton any more. Well, if one tried hard enough then (s)he could get a set. A lot of people complained that the Triton gave the C70 a very harsh ride (suspension design is not as updated as the P2x platfrom which can accommodate such designs), especially with the C70 cabriolet...made the cowl shake like mad.

Yannis

·
Registered
101 Posts
George, I have two Triton 18X7.5s, so you can see them in person if you'd like
And also, if anyone knows where I could find 2 more that would be great!

Rob

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Volvorules:
And also, if anyone knows where I could find 2 more that would be great!
What 2 more? What are you talking about? I don't know anyone else on this borad selling a set of those 18s.....

Maybe you should give up by now.
LoL~

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
George, I was just browsing through the wheel gallery and I noticed you listed the Volan at 17x7.5. Aren't most, if not all Volvo 17" wheels 7" wide? Since they usually go up 0.5" in width for every 1" in diameter (15x6, 16x6.5, 17x7, 18x7.5), I wasn't sure if they were like the others, or if they were wider because they came on the R.

The gallery looks great so far.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's getting a whole lot better, and more accurate, thanks to Yannis' help. Thanks BTW. I added all of the ones from his brochure last night, should be up later today.

There are two more wheels in your own Volvo accessories book Michael, so I'll be adding those shortly as well. I need to work trying to find good profile pics of some RWD Volvo wheels now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Kai, I need two more. As in, I NEEEEEED them. They do look sweet on the Bertone George...but I will need even more spacer in the rear, as they're 47 offset. Looked kinda goofy with the 215/35 r*** boy size Paradas...all tucked in in the rear. So I gotta get more spacer, and some 225s.

Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts