SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I own a 2020 V90 Inscription T6 with 19" 10-spoke silver wheels. Does Volvo sell 18" 10-spoke silver wheels that I can install on my car (I think the 2018 V90 could be ordered with 18" wheels, but I'm not sure if they would fit my 2020 model). In checking with a tire calculator, I saw that my current 255/40/19 tires could be replaced with 255/45/18 tires and still maintain the exact dimensions (i.e., diameter, width, sidewall height, circumference and revolutions per mile). When it's time to replace my current tires, due to wear, I'd like to see if I can change to 18" wheels to obtain a slightly softer ride.

PS: Also, if I change to 18" wheels, can I obtain an 18" space-saver spare tire to replace the 19" that came with my car?

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi. I own a 2020 V90 Inscription T6 with 19" 10-spoke silver wheels. Does Volvo sell 18" 10-spoke silver wheels that I can install on my car (I think the 2018 V90 could be ordered with 18" wheels, but I'm not sure if they would fit my 2020 model). In checking with a tire calculator, I saw that my current 255/40/19 tires could be replaced with 255/45/18 tires and still maintain the exact dimensions (i.e., diameter, width, sidewall height, circumference and revolutions per mile). When it's time to replace my current tires, due to wear, I'd like to see if I can change to 18" wheels to obtain a slightly softer ride.

PS: Also, if I change to 18" wheels, can I obtain an 18" space-saver spare tire to replace the 19" that came with my car?
I have the same 18” wheels but would much rather have the 20” wheels for both the look and the firmer ride. My wife has the 21”s on her XC90 and it is very firm but nice...

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a leisurely driver, so I'm ok with a less firm ride. Never been a fan of low-profile tires due to the firm ride, which is why I'd consider changing to 18" wheels.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same 18” wheels but would much rather have the 20” wheels for both the look and the firmer ride. My wife has the 21”s on her XC90 and it is very firm but nice...
I noticed that the tire package from Volvo uses 245/45 R18 tires, which is slightly smaller in all dimensions from my factory tire. Currently, my 2020 V90 Inscription uses 255/40 R19 tires. According to a tire calculator I'm using, to retain the exact dimensions, and thereby not have to recalibrate the speedometer, the replacement tires should be 255/45 R18.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, aardvarkbark. The turbine wheels look great! I'll keep them in-mind. My assumption is that they will find my 2020 V90 Inscription T6, correct?
I put them on my 2018 V90 T6 AWD - purchased from Volvo dealer, with Michelin XIce Xi3 winter tires.
They look great, and work great.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I think for winter I'd want as few spokes as possible. Pauls90 wheels would be perfect--much easier to keep clean and they likely wouldn't get frozen slush stuck, throwing off wheel balance.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks, aardvarkbark. The turbine wheels look great! I'll keep them in-mind. My assumption is that they will find my 2020 V90 Inscription T6, correct?
I imagine that all of those shown in the first link I provided will fit; it's the page from Volvo's website showing wheels for V90 2020 (see upper left hand corner and url). It would be wise to call your dealer's parts department with the part # to confirm, of course.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the turbine 19" wheels with Michelin winter tires, they're good looking on the V90

1 - 11 of 11 Posts