SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I cracked one of my 18" Pegs and in the process of ordering a refurbished OEM from Wheelership; however, am being told that there are three colors avaible: Grey, Silver, Hyper Silver. I called the Volvo dealership and gave them my VIN and was told that the R Pegs only come in two colors: Grey and Silver Bright. Wheelership says that Silver is the most popular order but I'm leaning toward the Hyper Silver since Volvo says the correct color is Silver Bright. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
www.wheelership.com Found them on eBay. 220 with mail back core of damaged wheel. Dealer wants 468.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Check tascaparts.com, new 18" OEM peg is about $220 I think. I'd be weary of fixing a cracked wheel, as it has to be welded.

Edit: Tasca is up to $300 for an 18" peg. Personally, I would rather pay the extra for the peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just had carmax replace a bent 18 peg on warrenty with a volvo sourced wheel and it was only 300ish (cant remember the exact price at work).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. They are not fixing my cracked wheel and returning it to me. I am simply purchasing a refurb OEM from them. Now that I recall, they told me on the phone they do not accept cracked wheels as tradeins but I have another slightly bent one in the basement they said they can accpet. The roads here in N. Virgina and DC are horrible. In the last three years I have had to replace six tires and three wheels as a result of potholes.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Thank you. They are not fixing my cracked wheel and returning it to me. I am simply purchasing a refurb OEM from them. Now that I recall, they told me on the phone they do not accept cracked wheels as tradeins but I have another slightly bent one in the basement they said they can accpet. The roads here in N. Virgina and DC are horrible. In the last three years I have had to replace six tires and three wheels as a result of potholes.
Ah okay that's good to hear. I wouldn't want you getting back a refurbished cracked wheel. Good luck with the new wheels. Over inflate ;)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Unfortunately these after market finishes will never be the same color as the Volvo OEM colors. The wheel will never match unless you get another OEM Peg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts