SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm on the search for 18" Pegs for the VR and sort of by accident tonight I stumbled onto wheels available through Rock Auto listed as "Keystone Part #ALY70267U". They are described as "Alloy; Size: 18x8; Bolt Pattern Dia: 108; 5 Lugs [Replica] Color: Medium Hypersilver; Front Or Rear; 46mm Offset". Is anyone familiar with these or have experience with these? They seem like a really great price for new wheels, but I can't find any posts about them anywhere, so I'm a little nervous to jump on them.

Thanks!

R-Pow3R3d

·
Registered
335 Posts
The picture doesn't show the signature "R" on the wheel. Not so sure about these. IPD is a bit more at $199ea. for their rep's, however; they also give you 3 color choices. Anyhow, if you get them, let us know your experience.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I ordered a replacement 17" Peg from Rock Auto. It's the genuine Volvo part and in new condition.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's interesting, the 17" Peg (ALY70305U) shows the R on the wheel, but right now it also shows as a reconditioned wheel instead of a new Replica. When you bought it, was it a new Keystone wheel or a reconditioned wheel?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
hi, i ordered a wheel from rock auto for our 2012 s 60 and it was a volvo branded perfect wheel. on the paperwork it said keystone is a refinished wheel sourced from lkq a huge outfit that supplies crash parts to body shops.

anyway it looks brand new, perfect in every way i can see. origional volvo borbet made in germany, exactly right for our car.

best of luck, ours was 170 delivered in a sealed bag and great box. i was impressed,

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But what about a replica?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
if you want to get one from ipd i would not hesitate. i have been an ipd customer for over 30 years. they have NEVER let me down.

the keystone reconditioned wheel was perfect, and a true volvo oem wheel. volvo branded real deal.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
That's interesting, the 17" Peg (ALY70305U) shows the R on the wheel, but right now it also shows as a reconditioned wheel instead of a new Replica. When you bought it, was it a new Keystone wheel or a reconditioned wheel?
When I bought it it said it was a reconditioned wheel and it did NOT have the R on the picture. If you told someone it was not a brand new Volvo wheel, they wouldn't believe you. Excellent job reconditioning and it's definitely a genuine Pegasus wheel.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Come on, you know you want my 18's Dave. ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Im a body shop estimator and work with keystone everyday on recon parts and you'll be happy with their stuff...as long as it is a reconditioned part and not just aftermarket junk. just a heads up I found a reconditioned rear VR specific bumper from them for $627 when OE was around $1200 for the cover and lower valance/spoiler. So, to everyone with a droopy lip (that the significant other/parent/friend did :p ) check them out for recon parts that are definitely OE parts for much less $$

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come on, you know you want my 18's Dave. ;)
Uh oh, caught red-handed! :p

I'm looking at buying 4 of whatever I buy and the ones on Rock Auto are shown as "New Replica Wheels" manufactured by Keystone. Keystone is in both businesses; reconditioning OEM wheels and manufacturing replica wheels. I'm trying to find if anyone has ever bought the new replica wheels manufactured by Keystone and what they thought of them.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SNEAK PEAK! Had a Rehearsal Dinner after work today, so didn't get to do a full unpacking, but they're here!

I ordered these Thursday (4/9/2015) at 12:30 AM and they showed up outside the garage at 12 Noon on Friday (4/10/2015). That's faster than Amazon! I'm hoping to follow-up with more photos and comparisons to OEM.

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Alright, got them opened up. Here's the goods!

I haven't gotten to do a side by side comparison yet (I will once I get tires on), but they appear really well made and very original looking. As Hanks pointed out, they really do look like OEM.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, if you're buying from Rock Auto, make sure to use a 5% off code to save half the cost of shipping. I got brand new wheels for $671.32 on my doorstep the next day. YMMV, but I'm pretty happy with my choice.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Those look really nice. I need new wheels. I'm trying to decide whether or not to get my current (road rashed) wheels refinished or just buy new ones.

Just so I'm clear, these RockAuto "Keystone" pegs have the "R" on them like the oem wheel?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Good looking Chinese replica.
I've seen some of their BMW replica wheels - didn't know they did the Volvo gear...

Let us know how they finished up mounted on the car!

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just so I'm clear, these RockAuto "Keystone" pegs have the "R" on them like the oem wheel?
Yes, these "New Replica" Keystone Pegs sold through RockAuto do have the inlaid "R" and the R looks more like the OEM than other replicas.

As Syrup pointed out, they are Chinese replicas. I wasn't super happy to find that out, but the quality seems good and Keystone carries a long standing positive reputation. The true test will be what happens when I get tires on the wheels and see how they perform.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.