SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard, but have not been able to find or read about Pirelli upgrade over the Contis.

The V60 drives great, really nice ride. Because of the low profile tires, it's a little too sport with the family in the car but we can live with it. Wondering if I upgrade to the Cinturato P7 Blue if the ride will smooth out a bit. In the picture, they look like they have a little more meat on the bone.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
This has been a discussion a few times. If you want to soften the ride you have to increase the sidewall size. We replaced our Contis with P7's and there was no change in ride, but we used the same size. Some members have gone to a 45 (I think, please double check) sidewall and have been quite happy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Our V60CC came with Pirelli Scorpion Verde all-season 235/50R18 and seem to be much quieter than the ContiContactPros 235/40R18s on our S60. Ride is nice on both vehicles.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Is the all season P7 Cinturato even available in 235/40/18? I found a run flat version in that size on Tire Rack; otherwise they only appear to have them in 19" sizes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am running Pirelli P7 Cinturato (Seal-inside)Tyre: 235/40 R18 on my S60.... Good and comfort.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I run P7 on my Sonata. They are very good tires. Get a little hard in the cold, but that's what Volvo is for.

Overall, I like Michelin tires a little better though. But they are more expensive.

Sent from my LG V10 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts