SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good quality non chromed version of this wheel? The dealer tried to balance one and they said that it was very slightly bent. A new one is $650 bucks. He moved it to the back and the vibration is gone. But he reminded me it will come back when I rotate these tire again in 5,000 miles.

I'd post this in the classified section but there aren't many of us S80'ers out there anyway.

Please let me know. I am happy to send you payment via paypal. i am trustworthy :) Hopefully you are too.

Should I try to get mine repaired?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Search ebay for "volvo 70356" and you'll find some singles for sale.
Exactly. Ebay is the best place to get reman wheels. I've never seen chrome Balius though. Please post a pic! I've only ever seen chrome Venators like my car came with.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly. Ebay is the best place to get reman wheels. I've never seen chrome Balius though. Please post a pic! I've only ever seen chrome Venators like my car came with.
I saw on the Volvo parts catalog it mentions chrome Balius which I though sounded funny to me. Chrome venators look good, not so sure what chromed Balius would look like.

For remanufactured rims wherethey paint them, how close will it be to the other rims on my car and how durable? I'd rather not go with "Close enough remanufactured"...I'd save up and buy a new one. Volvo of Lisle has them for under $500.

·
Registered
921 Posts
It depends on the remanufacturer. They are usually pretty close, but none of the companies are going to guarantee an exact match due to fading/sun/chemical damage to the paint of your other three wheels.

I'd just get an un-remanufactured single rim on ebay, personally. Might have a few scrapes but it will be a match.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
Exactly. It does depend on the manufacturer. I currently have 2014+ 19" Bors on my S80 (It came with Chrome Venators). They were sold to me as "new" but I later learned that they were remanufactured. The remanufacturing on them seems to be quite inconsistent. My left front wheel is starting to have its clear coat peel off everywhere, and my right rear has the clear coat peeling off in a couple of spots, while the other two wheels still are fine. I am beginning to collect a set of 4 used OEM Bors, and the color does match just fine between the reman and the used oem versions. Chrome is chrome though, so I don't think color match is going to be much of an issues.

I love the chrome venators. I only switched to the Bors to get the newer look of the 2014+ wheels, but I think the chrome Balius might be a bit much with all of those spokes. I'm interested to see a pic.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
I found a pic of a chrome balius online, but I'm interested to see how they look on an actual car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts