SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have steel wheels in 17" for their snow tires?

I am debating going steel or aluminum and wanted to see if 17s even fit on the V8 brakes.

Even if not V8 please post some pictures.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Seventeens will clear V8 brakes – these two 17" wheels were factory equipment on base XC90 V8 models during their production run:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now the question is if steel wheels 17x7.5 et 38 will fit over them since the steel wheel has a slightly different configuration. I looked and my spare tire is a 18" donut...go figure...maybe streels just dont work on the 336mm brakes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
Some steel wheels will certainly fit, at least. There's one particular XC90 around here that I always see with the same winter setup: steel wheels and Volvo wheel covers. Never got close enough to check the size, but they are definitely either 17" or 18", judging by the appearance... Either way, they are most likely a Volvo OEM winter setup.

That said, both the wheels in my previous post (Antaeus above, Neptune below) are 17" x 7" and have an offset of 49mm. The only 17x7.5 OEM Volvo wheels I could find are these ones below (Aquarius), but they also have an offset of 49mm.

I guess the magic number is ET49 :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've been searching the forums on winter wheel options so the above was some great information. To clarify, my two wheels that I've narrowed down for a winter set where I can get the largest size tires were the Neptune and the Poseidon, but it sounds like the 7 x 16 Poseidons will only fit the 2005.5 and earlier Volvos and not the V8s, despite it showing them as fitting the 2005-2012 V8 XC90 variation on some sites such as this one: http://www.swedishautoparts.com/XC90/Volvo-XC90-rims.html

Does anyone know of an XC90 V8 (2008+ in my case) running the Poseidon wheels without brake clearance issues? The Neptunes are similar, but there's something about the curvature and indents of the Poseidon wheels that remind me of my diamond cut Vulcanis, and I hate changing the overall look of the vehicle between winter and the rest of the year. If anyone has either of these wheel sets for sale, let us winter wheel seekers know. :D

Poseidon Technical data
Part. No.Description
Silver Stone, (incl. hub cap)
Colour code:
938 (Silver Stone)
Accessory weight:
8.6 kg (19 lbs)
Offset:
49 mm (1.9 in)
Rec. tyre size:
225/70 R16

Neptune Technical data
Part. No. Description
8685559 Silver Bright, Image: car and upper right (Incl. hub cap)
31316812 Silver Stone, (incl. hub cap)
Colour code:
936 (Silver Bright)
938 (Silver Stone)
Accessory weight:
10.3 kg (23 lbs)
Offset:
49 mm (1.9 in)
Rec. tyre size:
235/65 R17

1 - 5 of 5 Posts