SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 · (Edited)
So I've been noticing a slight vibration ever since these wheels/tire were installed. Took it back to the shop and had them rebalance the tires but nothing changed. When asked they said the wheels/tires look good, that there were no issues that they could spot. So instead of going back or venturing into other possible issues I decided to get a second opiniom and a road force balance. The shop found one bent wheel and one "heavy" tire that they could not balance out.

Dove into my other set of Thors to get a straight wheel and will be getting a new tire on warranty. I'm very hopeful that this will solve my issues.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
After a few more phone calls I should be seeing a new tire tomorrow.
Haaaaaaaa. Funny how "things change" when a lil pressure is applied to the wound

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
New tire is mounted, the service rep made some spheel about how he had to use a different distributer than the Michelin distributer which ended up costing him more but it should work out once the warranty is issued.

Me, I'm like, oh man it costed you that much?! ($225 a tire). In my head, eff off buddy and just mount the damn thing.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 · (Edited)
Hub rings arrived, so I started playing around with XC90 wheels/tires.

(rear looking up)

(tread depth)

New tires would be a bit larger, but it looks like a heat gun and a couple taps with the marteau should do the trick.

The front only showed a little bit of rub at full lock

XC90s on left, 235/55R17 on right

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Did anybody try 235/60/17 tires? I plan to use 17" peg w 235/60/17 tires that my neighbor is getting rid off (still like new). I also plan to use 10 mm spacers front back. Any idea? I know it will mess-up odometer accuracy but the tires are really a good deal.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have found that when running larger tires on my XC, Any spacers In the back increase rub on the rear fenders over large bumps from time to time. It hasn't proved bad enough for me to remove them yet. Fwiw I'm running a 2" lift. I think my rear shocks are pretty shot tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 · (Edited)
So, depending on how much work is involved, I'm going to run the 235/65R17s as my Winter/AT set. Will try to work the front area of the rear wheel well to allow for just enough clearance while trying maintain the factory trim and wheel well liner. I'm really trying to avoid cutting, but looks like I just need a half inch.

The tire I'd like to run:
Kumho Road Venture AT51

Based on the reviews it seems like what I'm looking for out of a mixed use winter tire.

·
Registered
359 Posts
So, depending on how much work is involved, I'm going to run the 235/65R17s as my Winter/AT set. Will try to work the front area of the rear wheel well to allow for just enough clearance while trying maintain the factory trim and wheel well liner. I'm really trying to avoid cutting, but looks like I just need a half inch.

The tire I'd like to run:
Kumho Road Venture AT51

Based on the reviews it seems like what I'm looking for out of a mixed use winter tire.
If 235/65/17 fit, then 235/60/17 should be okay right? The tire I am interested in is Kumho Road Venture APT Tire KL51.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
If 235/65/17 fit, then 235/60/17 should be okay right? The tire I am interested in is Kumho Road Venture APT Tire KL51.
Definitely.

Your desired tire vs the tire I currently run :

Pics of my tire in rear :

Plenty of room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
Swedespeed ready for a laugh... Just wait ?.

I removed the rear wheel well liner and mounted the XC90 wheel/tire tonight to see what I can work with. With just the liner removed I feel it provides more than enough clearence to work with just a heat gun.

Fully loaded resting on the bump stop

Clears everything, but boy, what a task it was getting it weighted down. Didn't have my trailer around so I used what I had...

I've got a lot to clean up now...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 190 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.