SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
17" steelies?

Anyone know what steel rims are compatible with the xc90? I've got some new blizzaks I'd like to mount for the winter. I see some Ford rims are 5x108 but don't know if the bore and offset compatible.

I bought some 16s a while ago but they didn't clear my brake caliper.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
The offset is 49mm for XC90 seventeens, and the bore should be 67.1mm for all of them, if I'm not mistaken (source). Volvo used to make a winter set w/ steelies & wheel covers, but I believe those were sixteens...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My buddy works at a chain tire shop so i'm just gonna have them mount them for 25 bucks I guess. I haven't been able to track down any used steelies. The place I go charges 60 cash for tire swaps and that's a deal their normal price is 80+tax. I called all the junk yards near me and for alloys they want like 100 a rim it's crazy. I hate long island.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
My buddy works at a chain tire shop so i'm just gonna have them mount them for 25 bucks I guess. I haven't been able to track down any used steelies. The place I go charges 60 cash for tire swaps and that's a deal their normal price is 80+tax. I called all the junk yards near me and for alloys they want like 100 a rim it's crazy. I hate long island.

try eBay. I bought a set of rims back in 08 from the dealer for $300. They were caked in brake dust that seemed like it was baked on. A little sulfuric based tire cleaner fixed that.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah I looked on ebay, didn't find anything remotely affordable. I just want some junk rims, nothing special. Oh well. I had them swap my tires. I wish the 16s I bought fit! I did make 100 bucks on them at least.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts