SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that if you put any 3rd party (non Volvo) wheel on this car, you will need centering rings, so I was wondering if this is true also for 17" Pegs or any other Volvo wheel for that matter.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Of course not
(Plus many aftermarket wheels don't need rings either)

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I should have said almost every wheel up to 2007 (except for S40 and V50 wheels, 04 1/2 to current)
ALL the older wheels fit your Gen 1

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Not according to a guy from Tirerack I talked to, who said that all the wheels they sell for this car, require the centering rings.
correct, ALL WHEELS TIRE RACK SELLS REQUIRE CENTERING RINGS.

JIM, is wrong again. MANY aftermarket wheels are NOT hub centric to volvos. It should be only a few wheels for volvos dont require centering rings. I personally cant think of any NON oem wheels that dont need hubrings that are NOT custom ordered wheels.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I was told that if you put any 3rd party (non Volvo) wheel on this car, you will need centering rings,
so I was wondering if this is true also for 17" Pegs or any other Volvo wheel for that matter.
I believe that this was answered correctly by Jim.
As for aftermarket, how do you define "Many"?

I don't see where anyone here is really wrong.

And Jim has probably dealt with more rims on
Volvos than "many" others on these boards.

Just sayin'...

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
correct, ALL WHEELS TIRE RACK SELLS REQUIRE CENTERING RINGS.

JIM, is wrong again. MANY aftermarket wheels are NOT hub centric to volvos. It should be only a few wheels for volvos dont require centering rings. I personally cant think of any NON oem wheels that dont need hubrings that are NOT custom ordered wheels.
Please stop being a total A hole every day now

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Please stop being a total A hole every day now
High post count doesn't mean you know everything. I'd rather be just a a hole than
A whole @as like you.. Just because I am right and you are wrong makes me a ahole.. Nice old man.
Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
It takes a human being to admit when he's wrong ( I know I do when I'm wrong)
YOU WERE WRONG in your response yet you can't just say that you misread, you need to correct me even though I was 100% correct in my answer to his direct question.

Just like the attack you went on an on with on VS to that person... who doesn't like Volvos anymore, was it really worth it?
Make you feel better?
Make you feel like a man?
You sounded like a total loony tune.

I didn't read where he said anything to you directly (ALTHOUGH I MAY BE WRONG THERE).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts