SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I get tired of every winter mounting my blizzaks on my Volvo rims, has anyone heard of a 17in steel wheel for Volvo?? Like in the old days, when you could actually buy steel wheels w/hubcaps for winter.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Don't know of a steel 17" wheel for Volvo. However, I will have a set of Balder wheels for sale after I get my new wheels mounted. They are Volvo OEM 17" wheel, and are coming off my 2013 S60.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Volvo dies not make a 17" steel wheel. Volvo's official recommendation for winter wheels on 2011+ S60/V60 (except Rdesign and polestar where the rec. is 17") is a 16" wheel. Volvo p/n is 31362410. Wheelcovers: 31200753. Tall skinny tires are best in snow.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Two words.

Guys I get tired of every winter mounting my blizzaks on my Volvo rims, has anyone heard of a 17in steel wheel for Volvo?? Like in the old days, when you could actually buy steel wheels w/hubcaps for winter.:rolleyes:
Tire Rack. Alloys as cheap as $120 ea, or steelies ususally available as well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I saw nice 17" alloys at Tire Rack for $99.0 I would definitely not bother with ugly steel wheels.
Got my 16" Alloy wheels back in 2012 from Tire Rack for $50 each and they still look perfect after 4 winters.

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
504 Posts
In Canada, Volvo dealers sell a steel wheel and winter tire package. Not sure if they are Volvo branded but every dealer in Canada carries these, so they do make them.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
In Canada, Volvo dealers sell a steel wheel and winter tire package. Not sure if they are Volvo branded but every dealer in Canada carries these, so they do make them.
That's partly because many provinces in Canada (e.g. Quebec) require all cars to have winter tires within certain times of the year. This means there is a huge market for winter tires/wheels so the dealers get in the game.

·
Registered
143 Posts
A couple months ago I was browsing a Ford Transit Connect forum and several people had reported that they were able to use Volvo alloy wheels on the previous generation Transit Connect without modifications. It would not surprise me if Ford was trying to use common wheel bolt patterns across vehicle brands back then on purpose.

I believe that the steel wheels on the old Transit Connects were 15-inch in diameter. So this particular steel wheel would not be suitable. But will other Ford wheels fit your Volvo, including the larger allow wheels used for Transit Connects?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts