SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought my car the dealer promised another fob and also 2 spare keys. They鈥檝e had it for a complete day saying they can鈥檛 program in another key due to my aftermarket subwoofer 馃槀. I didn鈥檛 realize how incompetent Volvo dealers are. They say it鈥檚 creating some sort of interference. I told them to simply pull the fuse then it鈥檚 dead. Apparently this is still causing an issue. I could press it since in MECP level 2 certified but I won鈥檛. Main thing is I have 2 working fobs and 2 spares.
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Product Trunk Gas Electric blue Auto part

Registered
I mean, they might be right, assuming that is a Class D amplifier those can and do cause interference. Regardless, like you told them, they can just pull the fuse and program the fob.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean, they might be right, assuming that is a Class D amplifier those can and do cause interference. Regardless, like you told them, they can just pull the fuse and program the fob.
Well it鈥檚 a hybrid class b/d amplifier. In the 30
Years of vehicle electronics I鈥檝e never seen anything of what they say. Correct, pulling fuses would remedy any sort of 鈥渇ield鈥 the amp may produce. I鈥檝e had zero issues with the keyless fobs I have now. I鈥檓 wondering if something didn鈥檛 happen when they programmed in an extra fob back in April? I know in the past sublet work inside dealers they鈥檝e had to completely erase all keys prior to adding a new one. Not sure if that would be the case here or not.

Registered
I had never heard of it until a couple years ago, I was getting interference from a couple class D PDX amps I was using (I suspect those same amps are causing my poor FM reception in the V60), from what I understand even hybrid b/d amplifiers can cause it as well.

I鈥檓 wondering if something didn鈥檛 happen when they programmed in an extra fob back in April? I know in the past sublet work inside dealers they鈥檝e had to completely erase all keys prior to adding a new one. Not sure if that would be the case here or not.
This would not surprise me, I know with our Cadillac you can only program a maximum of 3 key fobs at any given time. I'd be curious if Volvo has something similar and if in your case it has hit that maximum and the dealer does not realize this.

Still, it does not matter the reason, it's absurd that they have had your car a day to do something as simple as program a fob and are not managing to do so.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had never heard of it until a couple years ago, I was getting interference from a couple class D PDX amps I was using (I suspect those same amps are causing my poor FM reception in the V60), from what I understand even hybrid b/d amplifiers can cause it as well.

This would not surprise me, I know with our Cadillac you can only program a maximum of 3 key fobs at any given time. I'd be curious if Volvo has something similar and if in your case it has hit that maximum and the dealer does not realize this.

Still, it does not matter the reason, it's absurd that they have had your car a day to do something as simple as program a fob and are not managing to do so.
Yeah I鈥檝e had some odd issues with some of the older Alpine stuff but usually these Fosgate amps are my go-to for vehicle integration. Really the biggest culprit I鈥檝e had causing odd stuff is LED light bulbs. They buzz at such a high rate they can screw all kinds of stuff up. Put LED lights in my GMC Denali and virtually lost all FM reception.

Registered
I have four keys programmed to my 2016 XC90 (2 black, 1 sport, 1 red). The first three came with the vehicle, and the red key was added later. When the dealer added the red key, I don't remember having to give them all four keys to reprogram everything - I think they just had one black key plus the new red key.

Registered
Well it鈥檚 a hybrid class b/d amplifier. In the 30
Years of vehicle electronics I鈥檝e never seen anything of what they say. Correct, pulling fuses would remedy any sort of 鈥渇ield鈥 the amp may produce. I鈥檝e had zero issues with the keyless fobs I have now. I鈥檓 wondering if something didn鈥檛 happen when they programmed in an extra fob back in April? I know in the past sublet work inside dealers they鈥檝e had to completely erase all keys prior to adding a new one. Not sure if that would be the case here or not.
I would think this before the amp. As stated. if the amp fuse is pulled, the amp is dead and if it was causing interference should be gone. I think there is an issue with the programming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts