SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any 16" steel wheels available for the newer cars. I am looking for a cheap solution for wheels, but want something at least 16". Anybody have an S60 with steelies in 16"?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ben,

You have me intrigued. Is there still enough snow in Canada such that you need to have the winter tires/wheels on in June?

Just curious,
-ema

quote:

Originally posted by Ben from Canada:
I bought a set of used 16" steel wheels with Yokohama snow tires last week and it fit no problem.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Ben,

That is a nice looking S60 you have! Those steel wheels actually look pretty decent. Did you notice a big improvement in poor weather conditions?

-Drew

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any pics of the wheels without hubcaps? Also, I assume you got them from Volvo? Or did you get them from Tire Rack?

·
Registered
95 Posts
ema s60,

this is my story.

before

on the way

after

You are right, no snow in June in Canada. I put the snow tires on my car because I need to get my wheels painted to black.

·
Registered
95 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Ben,

That is a nice looking S60 you have! Those steel wheels actually look pretty decent. Did you notice a big improvement in poor weather conditions?

-Drew
Thanks, I didn't had a chance to try the tires on snow but my first impression with these tires is they are very noisy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Evolvo:
Do you have any pics of the wheels without hubcaps? Also, I assume you got them from Volvo? Or did you get them from Tire Rack?
It a used set or winter tires/wheels and I think the previous owner bought it from the dealer. I don't have a picture of the steel rims without hubcaps but I think the pictures with the 17" OE wheels will help you a little bit on how black wheels look like on the S60.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts