SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! I just Purchased a set of 14x6 Enkie Wheels for my '72 142. I won't be lowering her, so all clearances will remain stock. Can anyone tell me the best tire size to buy for this application. I would like to go as wide as possible, without scraping anything. Thanks for your insight, Mike.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Hello All! I just Purchased a set of 14x6 Enkie Wheels for my '72 142. I won't be lowering her, so all clearances will remain stock. Can anyone tell me the best tire size to buy for this application. I would like to go as wide as possible, without scraping anything. Thanks for your insight, Mike.
What is the offset on the Enkies?

Will they require spacers and/or adapters?

14" tires in what mode - all-seasons, summer, winter, touring, etc.?

Are the car's wheel wells stock or have they been rolled?

George Dill

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
215/60 R14s are on them now. They were on a '71 142 so I don't believe they will need spacers. Regular all-season tires. Wheel wells are stock, and Wheels are 6" wide. Mike

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
You desire "...as wide as possible..." which would be a 205/55/14 or 205/50/14 but these sizes may be a poor fit on 6" wheels.

Inspect the tires currently on the wheels - any signs of sidewall rub?

George Dill

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You George, You have been a big help with several Questions, and I appreciate your knowledge. The 215/60 14's that are mounted now, don't appear scuffed, just old, so I think I'll stay with that size and see what happens. Take care, Mike.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I have used both 195-75 and 205-75/15s and they worked OK both on 122 and 140/164, although speedo/odo were off about 7%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts