SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

12v supply

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  laundrypers 
#1 ·
Hello I need a 12V supply wire in the cab of my S60 Polestar. I at this time have connected into a source in the trunk panel but it is live all the time and I want only live when car is running. I have the wire hidden perfectly all the way to left side windshield roof area. Everything in trunk is hot all the time that I can find. The cigar lighter would be my best thought but getting to it to splice in and getting wire under carpet to left door sill area would be ideal then I could just use current wire with tons to spare but would be next to impossible to do I think. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. I am quite mechanically inclined but just don't want to start trying to get places I have no idea about because if I marked a piece of trim etc. that would be a disaster. Under the front dash would be great or from under hood into cab would be great but no way through firewall I know of. Thanks for any input Bill The dealer had no offers of ideas but kinda one of those gray areas I think.

#2 ·
We have similar issues and have not been able to find a solution on V60's in general. I suggest posting your question in the general S60 forum if you haven't already since we don't have a lot of S60 P* owners on here to help you out. Good luck.

#3 ·
I used the fuse panel under the dash. The 'tap-a-fuse' makes adding power for a radar detector or other very easy.

Just use the owner's manual to pick a switched power fuse. This photo is from our long-term 2013 S60 T5 AWD but it is very similar to my 2015.5 V60.

Look on the cover and see if you have a listing of what's in each fuse.

#5 ·
got one of those fuse add on gadgets today but I can't find any fuse panel anywhere...drivers side or passenger??? am I blind or just stupid? or both haha My 04 R S60 panel is just as you open drivers door that little panel on side of dash but on Polestar there is a panel kinda like that but no idea how it comes out or if its supposed to and wasn't going to break a plastic piece not even knowing if thats the spot. Idential panel on passenger side as well.

#6 ·
passenger side toward the center of the car, bottom edge of the dashboard ends and you should see the covers. If I recall, there should be two fuse blocks there.

#7 ·
guess I'm to old etc. I laid in on floor and everything seems pretty sealed up to me..maybe under carpet at front of center console but certainly not accessible that I could see...I also looked more around trunk and everything is always live...thinking of starting to stab wires with test light and first one I find that gives juice with key on wins and splice into it but my other side of brain says don't do that??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.