SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if it's possible to find 12v somewhere inside the car? Thats only powered while charging the hybrid battey.

Ot would be a perfect way to connect the blackvue power magic.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
This can be done by some simple circuit only powers a relay when voltage on battery is 13V or higher.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Most dashcams have some selectable settings for protection of the 12V battery (cut-off at 12V or slighly lower), but maybe you can set the power cut off to 13V?

·
Registered
166 Posts
If system voltage is 13V and more - the small 12V battery is charged (at least NOT discharged).

If less than 13V, the electronics most likely runs from the 12V battery (voltage can be up to 12.6-12.8V in a healthy battery). 12V in a locked car is approximately the lowest safety threshhold.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've read that the 12v battery is charged all the time as long as there is enough power in high voltage battery though.
So maybe its not a feasible solution.

So what i am searching for is a 12v power source thats only active when hybrid battery charger is connected. Just to clear any confusion. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did some reading and I believe that 12v battery will be charged when you are charging car and rear 12v socket is always on.
But maybe i remember something incorrect

I've read that the 12v battery is charged all the time as long as there is enough power in high voltage battery though.
So maybe its not a feasible solution.

So what i am searching for is a 12v power source thats only active when hybrid battery charger is connected. Just to clear any confusion. :)

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
12V battey is being charged when hybrid battery is being charged and not full, or car is started, regardless in P or D gear, and ICE doesn't need to start.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts