SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a set of wiper arms and blades for my '65 122 in reasonably good condition. My existing ones I am sure are not correct as they are both different and are abominations. I'm hoping someone has a donor car or spare parts lying around they are looking to sell.

BTW, this morning I just passed having put 2000 km (1200 miles) on my car since purchasing it end of last year. Would not have been possible without the help of this site.

Thanks
Marcus

·
Registered
401 Posts
As usual, amigo, I've got what you need...

Michael

·
Registered
271 Posts
If I may hop on this thread, I need the spline adapters for the wiper arms - I have new wiper arms (Trico 51-062) that are listed as being compatible with the 122, but the spline adapters that come with them will not fit the splines on my wiper mechanism. Anyone have any idea where I can source those?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Fiddling with these cars, on and off for 45 years, has resulted in just that. Time to let some go...

Do you need a NOS '60s Eyetalian Abarth heavy gauge "LifeTime" exhaust system for Amazon, complete from manifold pipe to dual chrome-tipped tailpipe (4 pieces)?? Expensive at ~$650, but it's the best setup ever offered for these cars.
I have an extra...

·
Registered
174 Posts
"Need" is a strong word, Michael. That's a little rich for my blood, especially after seeing the recent VP order hit the bank account (pistons, rebuild kit, front end suspension, radiator, yikes).

Feel free to PM me with other stuff in the barn you think I might "need".
Mike

·
Registered
401 Posts
Funny, theboycalledcrow doesn't sound Italian...
Amazon wiper arm splines--I don't think they can be compatible with 122 AND have the wrong spline arrangement. One or the other...I'm guessing wrong arms, as there are integral splines on all the Trico or ANCO ones I have, whether USA or UK-made, that fit perfectly.

Marcus--Saratoga?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Michael, is your Abarth system stainless? Does it have the correct black crinkle finish? Is it for the late (dual output) or early (single) manifold?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hiya, Dan, hoping all is good...

1) The only stainless used for exhaust systems in the sixties was for stuff that went into space. Regular steel, but not made from old olive oil or sardine cans.
2) As black and crinkley as new, with many beautiful multicolored decals.
3) Dual headpipe...mates to existing headpipe just after the dual-pipe weld

ZERO shipping to you, being 2 towns away...

Best, M

·
Registered
271 Posts
Funny, theboycalledcrow doesn't sound Italian...
Amazon wiper arm splines--I don't think they can be compatible with 122 AND have the wrong spline arrangement. One or the other...I'm guessing wrong arms, as there are integral splines on all the Trico or ANCO ones I have, whether USA or UK-made, that fit perfectly.

Marcus--Saratoga?
Well, my real name is Adriano. :)
The wiper arms I got are generic "vintage" Tricos - they come with 3 different spline adapters. The splined ends of the wiper mechanism that hook into the wiper arms seem to be 5/16 or 3/8" thick, while the wiper arms have "cups" that are about 1/2" wide. The spline adapters fit inside the cups and are supposed to mate up to the wiper mechanism, except none of the ones that came in the box are right for the spline pattern I have.

·
Registered
401 Posts
My shaft measures a hair under 9/16th" (35/64ths) diameter, the matching grooved cup at the bottom of the wiper arm is exactly 9/16".
The splined wiper shaft on my car, that is...

·
Registered
401 Posts
The OD of the cups looks correct, strong 5/8"...
If "...none of the ones (adaptors) that came in the box are right for the spline pattern I have" then I think none of the ones that came in the box are right for the spline pattern you have.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Not sure what you have going on. But there is that little piece that fits on the wiper shaft to adapt it to the 5/8 ish hole in the wiper arm.
It supposed to stay with the shaft on the car but they tend to come off with the wiper arm and get lost.
Then you're looking at about a 1/4 inch shaft that nothing fits.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Now I get it, it takes a village...

I pulled one of the post-to-arm spline pieces noted by bobbyz off a parts car, the second is a little cranky and is soaking with some penetrant in the morning sun...
Happy to send 'em over when I get the second one free.
Where?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts