SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I havent really had my car in for service short of a full transmission replacement.<p>Im thinking I should take it in just to have it looked over.<p>What should I expect?<p>Im thinking the will want to change timing belt and fuel filter. What else and how much is this all gonna cost?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Re: 120,000 check up (Miller62406)

all i have to say is the dealer is gonna lay a big bill on you. I know for the timing belt, they want $550 with labor, thats at a volvo dealership, more when they reccommend a water pump. Fuel filter do yourself and they may talk about bushings and such but just ask them for what it needs and not what they simply reccomend

·
Registered
262 Posts
Fuel filter on an S60 is dead easy. Easiest job ever. As is air filter. Making coffee is harder - even with instant coffee.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
do NOT wait till you hit 120 to get your timing belt done.<p>this is a 100k service item, and although they look decent when pulled out at that point, you are definitely playing with fire.<p>do your waterpump at the same time.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Re: 120,000 check up (Miller62406)

If you still have all your manuals & literature that came with the car, there is a service manual that tells what you need to do at 120k...I think

·
Registered
404 Posts
IIRC, only 05 2.5 models are 120k, all else are 105. Ive seen belts break at 100k miles. Why push it when the result of belt failure is described as "catastrophic engine damage"....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts