SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Re: $12,000+ in mods and counting... ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

My car is SOOO much faster than stock, and it doesn't even have the lightweight OZs on yet.

okay man

We'll see

maybe with your DP and exhaust you're actually hitting a real 300 at the engine, on stock software its not going to get much better

· Banned
3,515 Posts

mmmm...12,000USD in mods, nice, but that keeps the car still cheaper than EU-versions
and thus still no retractrable mirrors on yours and other goodies

hope you have at least the fun twice as much as you invested in it ... at least I do

LOL, you mentioned fully loaded, we (me and at least Johann) think of "the stripped down" R.

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: $12,000+ in mods and counting... (JARMO)

Quote, originally posted by JARMO »
LOL, you mentioned fully loaded, we (me and at least Johann) think of "the stripped down" R.

No need for retractable mirrors in the US, they understand that road lanes should be wider than the width of your car, a concept lost on Europeans.

I don't have the TV tuner or mass movement sensor, but not aware of any other S60R options I don't have.

· Banned
3,515 Posts

but not aware of any other S60R options I don't have.
you got THESE many buttons down bellow?

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

you got THESE many buttons down bellow?

Hmmm, I see a big blank area next to your stereo, I have 20 buttons there.

Do you have these 3 buttons?

What about these two?

What about this speaker in the head rest?

Is this in your armrest?

Best part - I only paid 30.800 Euros for mine, with all those buttons.

· Registered
10,051 Posts

Hm, I see you overpayed on the phone..

Had it in my S60T5, worst thing ever..

Bluetooth systems are cheap these days.

The 3 buttons is a US thing as far as I'm aware.

How about heated seats? Elec. adjustable? All stock in the US?

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Re: $12,000+ in mods and counting... (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
Bluetooth systems are cheap these days.

I bought the mayday/telematics option for the mayday part. After "dying" alone in a car accident in the New Mexico mountains in early 2004 in a rental car, seemed like the prudent thing to do. Really like the fact someone will call me back if the car senses I've been in an accident, and they will dispatch emergency vehicles to my location if I don't respond. I was hanging upside down unconscious not breathing in my accident, just very lucky someone saw me and called the cops.

Also, at the time I bought my car, there was no blue tooth option available for the S60R, and no bluetooth system will ever be as convenient as my integrated phone. I have a wireless blue tooth headset, and it is a pain in the ass, you have to re-sync everytime you seperate them. So much so, I just went and bought a wired hands free to use in the car.

· Banned
3,515 Posts

yeah..yeah surely overpaid for the phm
..I didn't wanted 1st coz it was poor and the on-call function wasn't available in the EU back in 2003...only now it is active here and it costs +1500€ a year just to have the theft-retrieving service
even to have your car insured against theft is only 1000€/year .... Better have it stolen instead than to get a "drive-like-you-stole"car back
Volvo is again hitting besides the nail on this one

and I don't care about phone anymore... I even stopped my cell-phone subscription coz it was used for to many stupid things and coz it was also my organizer (nokia 9200) i took it with me before on holidays with ALL the poop afterwards of being reachable....so now I'm NOT reachable anymore

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

and I don't care about phone anymore... I even stopped my cell-phone subscription coz it was used for to many stupid things and coz it was also my organizer (nokia 9200) i took it with me before on holidays with ALL the poop afterwards of being reachable....so now I'm NOT reachable anymore

And yet you want me to care about retractable sideview mirrors I don't need?
A mass level sensor?
Internal movement sensor?
A blank button that looks lame?

· Banned
3,515 Posts

Is this in your armrest?

Nope ..but a lot of sweets there are
and i'm keeping there THE best special tool from Volvo also in the armrest, it's called a "vouwbeen" in Dutch

and is this in your trunck?

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

and is this in your trunck?

Not sure what that is, but I don't think there is room with these...

Does anyone know if I can run the TV Tuner in my car? I heard no because of US Spec, but dealer couldn't tell me why. Did I already use up daisy chain spot with Digital Jukebox?

· Banned
3,515 Posts

no room with these...

ROFL...lame excuse... i've the dvd-drive also in there and still got plenty of space on the lid

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Re: $12,000+ in mods and counting... (Kirb)

Quote, originally posted by Kirb »
So what $$$ amount do you tell your wife???
Or do tell her it is a project car with all these companies sponsoring you the parts???

We were talking about this tonight. I'm a little shocked as well at the amount, but I don't have any other hobbies (can't ski, play volleyball or racquetball even).

I don't drink.
Don't smoke.
Don't buy computer games with monthly fees.
We don't go out much because we have a 3 year old.
Really, only thing I spend disposable income on is lunch, a vacation every year and jewelry for the wife.
Leaves lots of cash for the car.

Wife said I could tell you all:

"I don't care about how much money he spends on the car, means he can't say much about what I buy for kids. He pays the bills, doesn't nag me about the house, and comes home and talks to me" (Wife doesn't spend hardly any money on herself either).

· Registered
3,392 Posts

We were talking about this tonight. I'm a little shocked as well at the amount, but I don't have any other hobbies (can't ski, play volleyball or racquetball even).

I don't drink.
Don't smoke.
Don't buy computer games with monthly fees.
We don't go out much because we have a 3 year old.
Really, only thing I spend disposable income on is lunch, a vacation every year and jewelry for the wife.
Leaves lots of cash for the car.

Wife said I could tell you all:

"I don't care about how much money he spends on the car, means he can't say much about what I buy for kids. He pays the bills, doesn't nag me about the house, and comes home and talks to me" (Wife doesn't spend hardly any money on herself either).

Tell your wife you are a lucky guy... http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.