SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've searched and found some posts regarding door rattles, but didn't find any information on the solution that one can do at home. Is there a TSB that shows the corrective steps needed to remedy door rattles? Otherwise does anyone have instructions on how to remove the inside door panels? Some early posts talk of dealer fixing the issue with application of heavy grease, but no other details I could find, like where/how the grease was applied.

Thanks in advance,
Chris...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No creaking for me, just a consistent rattle when riding over bumps in the road. I'm a little surprised there isn't a sticky 'DIY' on how to remove interior panels and such. The links above helped, much thanks.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I used to have a rattle going over speed bumps or into a garage/parking lot, especially at an angle. It sounded as if there is something loose thunking inside the B-pillar.
What fixed it was applying grease inside the latch mechanism. Applied a lot of grease to all 4 doors.
There is an old thread about this.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almaz, I did come across that 'grease in the latch mechanism' post. After which I did apply heavy grease to the latch mechanism, but didn't do anything for me. I applied to the latch part of the door while the door was open...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Almaz, I did come across that 'grease in the latch mechanism' post. After which I did apply heavy grease to the latch mechanism, but didn't do anything for me. I applied to the latch part of the door while the door was open...
Yep, that is the one. Must be a different problem then.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I removed both passenger door panels and everything behind the panels is nice and tight. Now will have to try and remove the B pillar trim to take a look. I don't suppose there are any instructions on how to remove the B pillar trim?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
There have been occurrences of the bond between door skin and door crash beam failing so the skin just rattles against the crash beam. On my car dealer took the door panel off, window Assy out, and but a long bead of windshield glue, let it sit for 2.5 hrs befor drivimg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts