SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to locate the evaporator temperature sensor on a customers Volvo S40. I have the part but I can't find it in the car for the life of me. I have pretty much the entire underside of the dash torn apart and the glove box out, still nothing, and no information anywhere that I can find.

If anyone has a direction to go, i would greatly appreciate it.

Michael A. Stanhope
York Auto Repair

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm not sure exactly where it is, or how the system entirely works because I've never had an issue in that area, but if you have the new part, do you have a part number? Maybe try plugging that part number into VIDA and seeing what diagram it pulls up?

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Here's the VIDA "component location" diagram. Note, the sensor is only present on vehicles with ECC. You can easily spot this by looking for the presence of the "auto" climate button.

Part #7, not a very specific location for it!

Capture.jpg

·
Registered
46 Posts
You remove the lower dash as if you were to change the cabin filter, and the sensor is close to the filter door.
You can see the door in the above post by tmtalpey (the picture is at an angle and is weird; the 7 would be the "top"). The sensor is a few inches towards the rear of the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts