SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone can answer these questions:
1.dealer has '11 r design(no tech pkg)that was owned by volvo corp for awhile and dealer has had it for sale according to carfax since 10/11(its bright red).asking $37k,16,000miles.I thought with the '13 models out,and them holding the car so long the price should be lower. your opinion?
2.what exactly does the r design give you over the t6?
3.with the tire dimensions on the r design,do you usually run smaller snowtires?
4.gas mileage for mixed driving,highway?
no incentives on used models.
dealer has their own 100,000 mile required maintenance coverage included.
thanks for your help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I cannot really help you with the pricing issue. But there are several cosmetic differences between the two and the RD also has a stiffer suspension and tighter steering. Starting on MY12 the RD also comes with the Polestar upgrade (more horsepower/torque). My wife and I own a standard T6 and an RD and I like the ride and handling of the RD. I haven't figured out my milage exactly but it seems to be 20-22 with mixed driving and a heavy foot. As for the tires, I bought a set of 18" wheels and put studded 235/60-18's on them for winter tires. I hope this information helps! Pete

·
Registered
837 Posts
I hope someone can answer these questions:
1.dealer has '11 r design(no tech pkg)that was owned by volvo corp for awhile and dealer has had it for sale according to carfax since 10/11(its bright red).asking $37k,16,000miles.I thought with the '13 models out,and them holding the car so long the price should be lower. your opinion?
2.what exactly does the r design give you over the t6?
3.with the tire dimensions on the r design,do you usually run smaller snowtires?
4.gas mileage for mixed driving,highway?
no incentives on used models.
dealer has their own 100,000 mile required maintenance coverage included.
thanks for your help.
I'm sure they would take $34K for it easy...maybe even $32K. You can go to the Volvo website and see the deltas between the R-Design and regular T6. Like BLUKTY2 states there are several differences including:

Cosmetic:
Exterior silver trim pieces (front bumper, rear insert, side skirts)
Painted lower molding all the way around (instead of black)
R-Design specific colors like Cosmic White and Passion Red
Blue Face Gauges
Different center stack plate
2 tone interior leather options (note: different than base 2 tones)
RD specific steering wheel

Functional:
More heavily bolstered seats
20" rims
Sport Suspension (different springs, struts, shocks...potentially bushings too)
quicker steering ratio
25 more horsepower
19 more foot lbs of torque

Beyond that, the R-Design package includes some of the optional T6 items as standard.

Other than than...no differences. ;)

We get 19 to 20 mpg on ours in mixed driving. Not stellar, not horrible. Of course, my other car is now our mileage champ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts