SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<BR> Does anyone know the history of the 10V enigne? Longevity/history, etc?<p>[This message has been edited by pierrestory (edited 03-14-2001).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
WELL, MY FAMILY HAS 2 VOLVO 850'S ONE IS A 1996 VOLVO 850 GLE 10 V BLACK AND THE OTHER IS A 1997 VOLVO 850 T-5 MOONDUST MATELIC. ALL I CAN SAY IS THE THE 10 V IS A 2.3 D.O.H.C (DUAL OVER HEAD CAM 2 VALVES PER CYL) I-5 (INLINE 5) PRODUCING 144 HP AND DOES 0-60 IN AND AROUND 10 SECONDS (RESPECTFULLLLY). HOWEVER THE T-5 HAS A !!!GREATER!!! HP RATING DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAS ANOTHER 10 VALVES AND A TURBO + AN INTERCOOLER. BUT THE 10 VALVE HAS A PRETTY FAIR PUNCH TO IT WHEN THE "SPORT" MODE IS SELECTED I WAS MATTING THE GAS DOWN HURONTARIO (AS YOU CAN SEE I ALSO LIVE IN MISSISSAUGA) WITH MODE "SPORT" ON AND THEN I DID A "KICK DOWN" (PUMP GAS) AND THE BRICK WENT UP TO 6000 RPM's (IT'S RED LINE) ANY WAY FEEL FREE TO DROP ME A LINE ANY TIME REGARDING ANYTHING ON ANY 850 TURBO OR N/A, AT [email protected] I MAY HAVE A FEW TIPS THAT MAY HELP IN YOU 10 Valve TUNING.<P>REGARDS<P>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts