SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago my car was giving me the 10K service due but from my understanding this should had been reset before I picked up my car because Volvo bases it on the time of delivery and not build date. During that same time, I brought my car to the dealer to replace one of my tires due to a bubble. They didn't mention anything about the service reminder and didn't perform it also. They just reset it. Now it's almost 1 year since I took delivery. I just scheduled a service for the 10K maintenance. Will the dealer give me hard time because the car is not currently saying it's due?

The 10K maintenance is free but will I be hit with any surprise charges? I have read of members getting charged for wiper replacements. I can replace them myself and save a bundle.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
A couple of months ago my car was giving me the 10K service due but from my understanding this should had been reset before I picked up my car because Volvo bases it on the time of delivery and not build date. During that same time, I brought my car to the dealer to replace one of my tires due to a bubble. They didn't mention anything about the service reminder and didn't perform it also. They just reset it. Now it's almost 1 year since I took delivery. I just scheduled a service for the 10K maintenance. Will the dealer give me hard time because the car is not currently saying it's due?

The 10K maintenance is free but will I be hit with any surprise charges? I have read of members getting charged for wiper replacements. I can replace them myself and save a bundle.

They should not. We rarely even get close to 10K a year on our cars. We are in the habit of taking them in at 1 year intervals. We've never had a problem on any of our cars. We purchased an XC40 in July of last year. It has 3000+/- miles on it and we will take it in near the anniversary date of purchase next month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts